Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245732 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1130 on: 05 January 2020, 20:03 »
@mcmaddy. Congratulations!! Looking forward to the photos! It’s gone too quiet on here for my nosey tastes.
I was tempted by white but I think the grey will look even better.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #1131 on: 05 January 2020, 20:09 »
@mcmaddy. Congratulations!! Looking forward to the photos! It’s gone too quiet on here for my nosey tastes.

If I was factory ordering a TCR I’d definitely go with the grey. I’ve seen both a white and a grey tcr in the flesh and they both looked good but pure grey is a signature colour.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1132 on: 05 January 2020, 21:02 »
I've currently got a performance panel filter along with Racingline turbo elbow and house on my GTi. Might be a stupid question but is any point moving these over to the TCR?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1133 on: 05 January 2020, 21:09 »
I've currently got a performance panel filter along with Racingline turbo elbow and house on my GTi. Might be a stupid question but is any point moving these over to the TCR?

Why not? Makes a wee bit of a diference but it's definitely a bit of underbonnet candy. I'll be keeping mine if I swap to a TCR :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1134 on: 05 January 2020, 22:01 »

Why not? Makes a wee bit of a diference but it's definitely a bit of underbonnet candy. I'll be keeping mine if I swap to a TCR :smiley:
👍👍

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1135 on: 05 January 2020, 23:27 »
I'm still a bit on the fence with the TCR, very tempted, but I'm really enjoying the manual still and I don't need to change.

To be fair, it would be a hell of a lot of money to swap cars and yours is in fantastic condition and still hits the spot with you.
With a few additions you could have some of the best parts of the TCR or Ed40 without spending extortionate amounts.
A set of Belvederes maybe, and/or a TCR or PP Golf R roof spoiler, possibly some tailpipe sleeves to make the pipes look bigger...
Even a low torque remap won’t break the bank or upset the insurers too much.
The wheels would always have resale value so overall ownership cost isn’t huge on them and other inexpensive mods have enjoyment value.

I highly doubt you’d regret buying a TCR if you went that way but the actual hurdle of buying it in the first place is a massive one when you look at the £££ involved. You’d have to keep it a fair while to justify the spend but the parts it has over and above yours are quite significant if you add them all together.
These cars are just getting so expensive now.

It’s gone too quiet on here for my nosey tastes.
Quiet? There’ll be tumblweed in here once the mk8 GTI is out  :grin:

Definitely grey if you have the choice.
I love the white but would have much preferred grey :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1136 on: 06 January 2020, 06:28 »
Probably no better time to purchase a GTi, R or TCR with 0% finance on 👍

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1137 on: 06 January 2020, 12:15 »
Hi new to the forum and have been following this thread with interest (Forgot I had actually registered to be able to post).

I have been debating getting either a new or ex demo TCR. (A manual edition 40 is also an alternative option).
On the TCR looking for a spec with DCC, sunroof, Dynaudio, 19" wheels and the heated screen. Well if im going over the 40k threshold with only a couple of options I might as well go for it.
I put together a spec on the configurator coming out at around 42k, I then went to drive the deal and they quoted me £36K at 4.9 interest and a 12 week leadtime on a factory order (Sounds optimistic based on the guy who ordered above)
Is anyone been getting any better deals than this?

The ex demo with similar spec at around the 30 to 31k is looking at costing £1500 more in interest on the finance (Price from my existing finance supplier), but obviously less overall payment...I figured if I up my budget any more I might as well get a new one. 

I have a 13 plate C63 mercedes to sell which suits me to sell in the spring with it needing a service now, so a factory order would fit in with my needs, but debating if I just wait and get an ex demo or stock car in March/April as was wondering what might happen with Mk7 prices with the Mk8 Gti due in March I think.
Decisions, decisions.
Tornado Red 2020 Golf TCR, Westfield with Vauxhall power!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1138 on: 06 January 2020, 12:50 »
The 0% finance is cheaper but you lose the 2k deposit contribution. Still works out cheaper though. I was shown 12 weeks for bog standard Golfs but then 24 for performance models. It'll come when it comes 👍

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1139 on: 06 January 2020, 12:57 »
Are they still making Mk7.5's?

I'd be surprised if they were!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC