Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245746 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1110 on: 05 January 2020, 10:01 »
Maybe the 50th anniversary will be the last new GTI that still involves the use of petrol as a fuel?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #1111 on: 05 January 2020, 10:11 »
Maybe the 50th anniversary will be the last new GTI that still involves the use of petrol as a fuel?

Maybe the 50th anniversary will be the last Golf Gti.  :cry:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1112 on: 05 January 2020, 10:50 »
Just seen this on whatcar "The list price should include on-the-road costs such as delivery and numberplates but excludes the first year’s road tax and initial registration fee." 👍
That’s how I understood RFL was calculated for the £40k list price tax.
Cars are mad mad money now.

Maybe the 50th anniversary will be the last Golf Gti.  :cry:

Unless VW change their policy due to whatever international regulations they have to cow to in a few years (though I suspect the big powers want an electric revolution as much to take political influence away from the Middle East as much as they want to slow global warming) it would be nice if the 50th Anni was the last GTI and that VW were allowed to do something really special and enduringly desirable. Politics might dictate the final answer to that.
Mind you, I kind of hope electric cars will have had enough development by then to be genuinely competitive cars rather than just company car tax savers. At least an ID.3 isn’t as fugly as a Mk8.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1113 on: 05 January 2020, 12:57 »
Deal done, let the wait commence. 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1114 on: 05 January 2020, 13:12 »

Awesome!

Grey with screen and sounds? DCC?
How long a build time are they quoting? I’m surprised they’re still taking factory orders.
I’m surprised they’re building a Mk8 at all to be honest with looks like that but that’s a whole other story....
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1115 on: 05 January 2020, 13:50 »

Much of a discount Chris? How king's the wait?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1116 on: 05 January 2020, 14:07 »

Awesome!

Grey with screen and sounds? DCC?
How long a build time are they quoting? I’m surprised they’re still taking factory orders.
I’m surprised they’re building a Mk8 at all to be honest with looks like that but that’s a whole other story....
Grey, climate screen, Dynaudio and DCC. They are quoting 24 weeks but I'm sure I read somewhere that the order books close in march. Hoping it's sooner.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1117 on: 05 January 2020, 14:09 »

Much of a discount Chris? How king's the wait?
enough of a discount to make it worthwhile Matt, you know me don't really like spending money haha. Quoting 24 weeks but hopefully less.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1118 on: 05 January 2020, 14:52 »

Great! Clearly the test drive didn't put you off but anything to note?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1119 on: 05 January 2020, 14:54 »
The TCR is one of those cars that are nigh on impossible to justify on paper without really going into fine details.
There has been no official mention of it but to me it feels like a lot of the Clubsport and CSS suspension development has gone into the TCR.
I wouldn’t mind betting the springs are almost identical to the Ed40 CS having gone from one straight into the other (fractionally harder than regular GTI but still fine sans DCC)
In all ‘sensible’ comparisons the R would win over the TCR, no question of that. The R has the traction, ride quality and maturity along with better drag race launch control times. And I’m sure that point to point flat out the R would arrive home quickest.
Unlike the Ed40 I’m sure the R will hold value better than a TCR too.
But...
The TCR has some aces up its sleeve. It feels like a hot hatch, it sounds like a hot hatch, it looks like a hot hatch and it drives like an incredibly accomplished hot hatch. It’s a bit of an odd car to be blunt but it’s huge fun on the right roads driving solo.
Very unlikely anyone would be able to plumb its depths on a test drive, and on mine I was a little disappointed coming straight from the Ed40. But there was something nagging at me and certain reviewers who were clued up heaped praise on it. Once I had the keys in my grasp for a few days I gradually realised why.
It’s a GTI for people that want a bit more than a standard GTI PP but don’t really want an R. Damned if I would ever recommend someone to buy one over an R but I don’t think many would regret it if they did.

How are you getting on with the DSG?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.