Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245749 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1040 on: 03 October 2019, 09:43 »
Here you go Hertsman, I think this will give you a feel for the product.

Just cleaning the car for my wife so took a pre extraction picture so you can see the setup.

The roll folds completely flat and doesn't get in the way. I took a shot of the fixing points - four press studs. It's secure and never comes off. It has to deal with a 13KG Welsh Terrier enthusiastically trying to get out for his walk on a regular basis and despite paws and claws, you can see there are no signs of wear or damage. Even if it did get damaged, it's about £15 to replace. 

The grey doesn't match Pure Grey but it does brighten up the boot a bit. I've got a black one in the CSS and it's just as nice but being dark, shows every spec where the grey is a bit more forgiving. All personal choice of course.

Spoke to my detailer and they have the same cutting pattern as VW so the PPF option can't really be bettered and on reflection, now that I have this, think it offers better protection but also protection I didn't count on needing. My wife being shorter than me, needs to lean further in to get to the back of the boot so it saves her clothes getting filthy. You can position that to your wife before mentioning all the impractical accessories that you added!  :smiley:

I don't think there's much else I'd do. I got key protectors on ebay, just to stop the key getting dinged. I have a GTI keyring in silicone which I rather like too.

Make sure the dealer sponsors this sort of additional stuff although the Weathertech not being official won't be an option of course.

Seems read this on move and then forgot to reply:

Weathertech looks real quality there and the grey does work really well and was convinced, but was telling a colleague what planned to do and he convinced me to hold my horses as he has in his garage a 'Cool-Liner' thats in wrapping and completely unused - He bought it for his GTI PP but the garage surprisingly gave him an OEM version and some other bits and bobs for a delayed delivery.

He back in the office next week so he bringing it in then for me: The weathertech is £120 with postage and as much as will pay the ££ for right item he says the cool-liner is truly decent, as good as any OEM, and I should see it first - will cost me a breakfast so thats what doing.

In terms of bumper protection, my loading is more infrequent and general so have bought a strip of 3M ventureshield for that top edge and will just see how it lies and how intrusive it is.

I have bought the OEM silicone GTI key protectors also and they look great

Think thats me done in terms of accessory, given coming from the black on black R environment, its like a smorgasbord of red accents and trimmings in comparison, so need to stay on the side of tasteful

Thanks for taking the time to post the images, much appreciated,

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #1041 on: 03 October 2019, 15:49 »
What date are you looking for pickup?  Fairly soon if pdi is soon or are you aligning with giving the R back?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1042 on: 05 October 2019, 09:26 »
TCR 3 door

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #1043 on: 05 October 2019, 10:08 »
If you’re in the market for a tcr I reckon you’ll get a bargain if you hold on. Mk8 reveal this month plus lots and lots of choice on AT.

Still not seen one on the road but looking forward to it. Hopefully they’ll be more photos on the forum soon. It’ll be worth the wait.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1044 on: 05 October 2019, 12:26 »
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-fleet/volkswagen-golf-gti-tcr---ph-fleet/41070

Unusual for a fleet car to be a run out model  :wink:

Interesting about the decals.
Both of the local dealers nearest to me in either direction sold showroom cars and the customers asked for the decals to be removed.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1045 on: 05 October 2019, 14:27 »
Local dealer to me has a white example without decals fitted with Acroprovics  41 k
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1046 on: 07 October 2019, 10:11 »
Local dealer to me has a white example without decals fitted with Acroprovics  41 k

Would anyone actually pay list price for one?!!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1047 on: 07 October 2019, 10:50 »

Would anyone actually pay list price for one?!!

£41k is a sh!tty RRP. For the sake of a grand on list price, you cop for an extra £1500 VED over 5 years.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1048 on: 07 October 2019, 11:31 »
£41k is a sh!tty RRP. For the sake of a grand on list price, you cop for an extra £1500 VED over 5 years.

Wouldn't you imagine they'd go out of their way to make that sub £40k... its not like there isn't a massive margin on RRP anyway.

It certainly would put me off of buying it vs anything else similar that was sub 40k
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #1049 on: 07 October 2019, 11:49 »

Wouldn't you imagine they'd go out of their way to make that sub £40k... its not like there isn't a massive margin on RRP anyway.

It certainly would put me off of buying it vs anything else similar that was sub 40k

It would certainly put me on off unless you got such a good discount that you can include the extra £350 a year or whatever it is for the first 4/5 years.

I’ve been looking at replacements and there are some used bargains to be had. I’m almost sure they’d be some nice TCRs when I change next year with low miles but would be checking options carefully especially with the recent price hike it doesn’t take much to go over £40k.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey