Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245721 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #950 on: 01 September 2019, 17:45 »
The TCR is a May 2019 demo car with 3k miles, up for £30,950.

Great colour, looks like it has a few of the right options. But I would say that, identical to mine!  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #951 on: 01 September 2019, 18:22 »

Great colour, looks like it has a few of the right options. But I would say that, identical to mine!  :grin:

Having looked over the TCR and the bodykit, DSG, leather steering wheel and standard GTi seats, I had a smile on my face when I got back into the CS! :)

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #952 on: 01 September 2019, 22:00 »

Having looked over the TCR and the bodykit, DSG, leather steering wheel and standard GTi seats, I had a smile on my face when I got back into the CS! :)

As you should, the CS is a great car.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #953 on: 01 September 2019, 22:28 »

As promised, my Clubsport S with the TCR. I had a shot in mind for them but getting bug splatter off the CSS was the thief of time so I never made it off the drive.

First shot shows just how much ferrous fall out is on the car after a week not involving that much driving. The purple is the reaction of the korrosol to the fall out material if you're not a detailing nerd. Paint is back to a glossy, glass like finish whereas before it was quite matt and felt rough to the touch.

Who else has pictures....  :cool:

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #954 on: 02 September 2019, 07:38 »
Caffeine & Machine yesterday. Arrived too late to park out front but early enough to avoid the field.

TCR 3 door

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #955 on: 02 September 2019, 09:33 »
Caffeine & Machine yesterday. Arrived too late to park out front but early enough to avoid the field.

Looks great in white with the black roof.

Is C&M still a complete zoo on the weekend?

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #956 on: 02 September 2019, 13:14 »

Thanks, I have a mind thing that says a GTI should be white but the Pure Grey really does suit the TCR.

Yes, very busy as always with all three fields full by early p.m. but this weekend for the first time since we've been going every so often bikes probably outnumbered cars.  Very eclectic selection from choppers / lowriders through fully modded-up scooters and a large number of sports / super bikes.  Sadly many of the latter decided to test the rev limiters as they were leaving so another b******ing in the pipeline for Phil I imagine.

Now I'm just hoping that Watts will be along at some point to inform on how the photos have become quarter size...  :wink:
TCR 3 door

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #957 on: 02 September 2019, 13:19 »

Now I'm just hoping that Watts will be along at some point to inform on how the photos have become quarter size...  :wink:

I'll beat him to it! Just click Hotlinks for forums instead of thumbnail.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #958 on: 02 September 2019, 13:55 »

I'll beat him to it! Just click Hotlinks for forums instead of thumbnail.

Thanks Jim - I'll try to remember for next time!
TCR 3 door

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #959 on: 02 September 2019, 14:49 »
Strangely the TCR has increased in price again on the configurator to a whopping £38195 over £2000 more than an R which is about another £600 increase again - have looked to see if anything has been added as standard but cannot see anything so presume the cost is purely Akrapovich - either way they have priced the TCR out of new sales as doubt Akrapovich laden TCR will get the discount of some 19 plates and you simply have to buy an R new or seek out a earlier TCR if really want one - obviously think the TCR is an attractive package to have tempted me away from another R but it’s not the near good enough to justify the difference between the original price and now in my opinion- not sure if anyone else can spot the why there is this £600 increase that’s maybe escaped me?

There won't be margin to play with in Akrapovic exhausts if it's titanium but at the price, it's probably stainless steel. The exhaust note on the TCR is pretty muted so it's a positive thing to have an exhaust option and it's what the car should sound like in my opinion (good find on the above clip).Even with the choice, I think I'd still have specified it without based on how we're using it. Must admit, the detailing on the tips does finish the car off well versus the standard which are just, well, standard and not what you'd hope for given the concept and the fact that it's a 'special'. There is nothing worse than a car with a droning performance exhaust on a long motorway journey so sometimes performance exhausts have downsides. I doubt the Akrapovic that comes on the TCR will have switchable baffles which is something that I would always prefer to have.

It is stated as titanium on the Uk website. £3k for stainless exhaust would be Dick Turpin levels of daylight robbery.

'Akrapovic' titanium sport exhaust system

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey