Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245754 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #930 on: 26 August 2019, 17:00 »
Assume Tottenham Court Road?  :grin: Hadn't thought of that - now thinking I might have to replace the VW badge for the underground roundel.....

You assume correctly!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #931 on: 30 August 2019, 09:57 »
VW UK Website have finally caught up with their changes and the price list updated and the TCR is now the most expensive Golf (£2350 increase) and no more will be sold  :grin: due to AWD of the R and £1500 saved making the R the better choice over an exhaust (for me anyway)

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/app/configurator/vw-gb/en/golf/30316?page=trim

No mention if the KESSY fobs have the new motion technology (imagine that saved for the MK 8 as another selling point, which is of course wrong but sales always wins)

The only other difference spotted is that the LED headlights now incorporate smoked lenses to match the rear LED lights (this maybe how the TCR came anyway, just its first I noticed)

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/app/configurator/vw-gb/en/golf/30316/39627/gti-tcr/BQ19MZ-MKSUKA1-GPF3PF3-GPNDPND-GPRDPRD-GPXCPXC-GP23P23-GWD1WD1-GWW1WW1-GW8PW8P-GYOZYOZ-MTKV4F2-MCDR7RE-MAUD9WX/2020/0/F14%20J2J2/F56%20%20%20%20%2053/GPIDPID-MSSHVW0-MWSS4GW?page=summary

Strangely the TCR has increased in price again on the configurator to a whopping £38195 over £2000 more than an R which is about another £600 increase again - have looked to see if anything has been added as standard but cannot see anything so presume the cost is purely Akrapovich - either way they have priced the TCR out of new sales as doubt Akrapovich laden TCR will get the discount of some 19 plates and you simply have to buy an R new or seek out a earlier TCR if really want one - obviously think the TCR is an attractive package to have tempted me away from another R but it’s not the near good enough to justify the difference between the original price and now in my opinion- not sure if anyone else can spot the why there is this £600 increase that’s maybe escaped me?
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #932 on: 30 August 2019, 16:25 »
VW UK Website have finally caught up with their changes and the price list updated and the TCR is now the most expensive Golf (£2350 increase) and no more will be sold  :grin: due to AWD of the R and £1500 saved making the R the better choice over an exhaust (for me anyway)

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/app/configurator/vw-gb/en/golf/30316?page=trim

No mention if the KESSY fobs have the new motion technology (imagine that saved for the MK 8 as another selling point, which is of course wrong but sales always wins)

The only other difference spotted is that the LED headlights now incorporate smoked lenses to match the rear LED lights (this maybe how the TCR came anyway, just its first I noticed)

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/app/configurator/vw-gb/en/golf/30316/39627/gti-tcr/BQ19MZ-MKSUKA1-GPF3PF3-GPNDPND-GPRDPRD-GPXCPXC-GP23P23-GWD1WD1-GWW1WW1-GW8PW8P-GYOZYOZ-MTKV4F2-MCDR7RE-MAUD9WX/2020/0/F14%20J2J2/F56%20%20%20%20%2053/GPIDPID-MSSHVW0-MWSS4GW?page=summary

Strangely the TCR has increased in price again on the configurator to a whopping £38195 over £2000 more than an R which is about another £600 increase again - have looked to see if anything has been added as standard but cannot see anything so presume the cost is purely Akrapovich - either way they have priced the TCR out of new sales as doubt Akrapovich laden TCR will get the discount of some 19 plates and you simply have to buy an R new or seek out a earlier TCR if really want one - obviously think the TCR is an attractive package to have tempted me away from another R but it’s not the near good enough to justify the difference between the original price and now in my opinion- not sure if anyone else can spot the why there is this £600 increase that’s maybe escaped me?

Absolutely spot on. I never thought the pricing was right from the stat but now it makes no sense to get one new. You’d buy the R or gti at that price. Last time I checked there were 50 on AT though; some of which look good value.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #933 on: 31 August 2019, 09:11 »
I’d guess the exchange rate has an influence on price, or at least a hedge against the exchange rate moving more significantly than it has on the part of VW.

Having bought a TCR I’m clearly biased but comparing it solely on price with an R or GTI PP I think is missing the point. It’s a very different car to both of them and for me has a fairly unique appeal that justified my paying more than an equally specified R would have run to. To be fair it was almost impossible to get any significant discount on a three door of any flavour when I ordered so a bit apples and pears perhaps but I’m still beyond happy that I went with the TCR  :smiley:
TCR 3 door

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #934 on: 31 August 2019, 10:46 »
I’d guess the exchange rate has an influence on price, or at least a hedge against the exchange rate moving more significantly than it has on the part of VW.

Having bought a TCR I’m clearly biased but comparing it solely on price with an R or GTI PP I think is missing the point. It’s a very different car to both of them and for me has a fairly unique appeal that justified my paying more than an equally specified R would have run to. To be fair it was almost impossible to get any significant discount on a three door of any flavour when I ordered so a bit apples and pears perhaps but I’m still beyond happy that I went with the TCR  :smiley:

See what you’re saying. Price is a huge factor when buying a car but not the only factor. The tcr is aimed at the gti enthusiast, someone who really loves the heritage of the car. Just surprised how much more it is than an R or even the standard gti. My ed35 was aimed at the same market and i can’t remember it being more than the Mk6 R. If you bought an early tcr you’re probably laughing now as that price seems a bargain. Still looking forward to seeing one on the road. Glad you’re loving the car.  :smiley:
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline ChrisTCR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #936 on: 31 August 2019, 16:15 »
Does anyone know if VW will be offering this to current TCR owners as an upgrade?

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #937 on: 31 August 2019, 17:19 »
I guess eventually at a price of around £3k?
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #938 on: 31 August 2019, 18:06 »
The Akrapovic sounds great!

I stopped off at my local VW dealer and looked over their loaded TCR.

It's a different car to a clubsport in it's detail! ;)

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #939 on: 31 August 2019, 18:23 »
Did you hear the new akrapovic first hand then? 
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass