Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245741 times)

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #860 on: 06 August 2019, 17:30 »
Thanks for sorting that Watts, and thank you all for the kind words.  I am very pleased indeed with the TCR  :wink:
TCR 3 door

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #861 on: 06 August 2019, 17:47 »
Thanks for sorting that Watts, and thank you all for the kind words.  I am very pleased indeed with the TCR  :wink:

Have you tried changing lanes with it yet? (I am showing my age  :whistle:)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #862 on: 07 August 2019, 09:23 »
Thanks for the appreciative comments, and I’m relieved that you share my thoughts around what I had started to consider being a bit of an odd choice but which has turned out well.

Previous daily was a 2016 3 door DSG PP in Pure white which I had decided to keep for a good few years as it really did everything I wanted in terms of all round ability.  That changed when VW announced there would be no more 3 door GTI’s and the idea of having a combination of TCR spec with the last of a long, long line was too much to resist.

Courtesy of our regular weekend trips from the Midlands to Norfolk the TCR is now at just over 800 miles so it has been gently(!) extended and the best way I can describe the car is like the PP but turned up to 11.  The performance is effortless in comparison and mid-range I’d say is on a par with the C63 coupe I changed for the PP (lovely car but with my commute it averaged 13 mpg which was frankly silly).  The interior is a wonderful place to be and, as has been said by many far more qualified than I am to write about cars, it just does everything so well.  Sitting at a steady cruise on the A14/A11 the TCR is comfortable and quiet, get to an empty stretch (new Elveden bypass works well late in the evening…) and it becomes every bit the performance car, not just a hot hatch.  A comment much earlier in this thread “there will always be a GTI in my garage” sums it up perfectly – I really cannot think of another car I’ve owned or driven that is such a complete package.

It will be well worth the wait Hertsman!

Phil

We head up to Cromer 2-3 times a year and go to Centerparc at Elveden yearly, so know them roads well and look forward to cross referencing your experience :)

I looked hard over the fence at each of my last 3 changeovers since originally moving from Audi A3 Quattro 60 plate to a 63 plate GTD which at the time was revelation for me in drive experience (Quattro was a manual SLine and harsh ride) - The additions to my experience of DSG + DCC+ Auto Hold kept me with the brand and obviously added a ton of performance by skipping the GTI and moving up to an R - This time around I looked and was nearly swayed by the A35 AMG but decided to stay with the R to which I was then swayed by the TCR - There was none to test drive, had to make the selection, so as GTI was a scratch never itched I took the plunge and then had a nervous moment of what I was giving up in the AWD capability

However now the TCR is out there in the wild, each review has allayed my fears and am really looking forward to my first GTI and for once being able to have someone recognise the car drive if mention it (Unless you know your cars stating drive an R usually brings a blank look :))

Really want to see how the TCR and R compares, the clincher was the retaining of the BHP as really was reluctant to lose that on the move pace got so used to now, - know the R so well now that should pick up on the differences quite quickly both positive and negative

If you were to get a white think yours is the spec you would wish it to be, so good job and maybe give you a nod as spot you on the A11/A14 run one day :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #863 on: 07 August 2019, 16:56 »

Have you tried changing lanes with it yet? (I am showing my age  :whistle:)

I remember it well but more of a Scalextric fan.  The first time lane assist *tried* to assist was not unlike the original TCR experience :)  Now turned off...
TCR 3 door

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #864 on: 10 August 2019, 15:21 »
What an earth is going on here with this TCR? Think they are going to struggle to sell this, black isn't the best colour and horrendously painted non-TCR wheels.  Very odd for a nearly new car.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907069779547?sort=sponsored&model=GOLF&make=VOLKSWAGEN&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=GTI%20TCR&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&postcode=s37bh&radius=1500&page=1

It appears those wheels are VW originals;-

https://shops.volkswagen.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/p/leichtmetallfelge-twinspoke-7-5-j-x-19-red-edition-5g0071499--ya5-14?category=4317:904_VWZ_OZ:Category

I'm sure I could think of better ways to spend €1600, but we're all different, eh?
7.5 GTD

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #865 on: 10 August 2019, 21:16 »
What an earth is going on here with this TCR? Think they are going to struggle to sell this, black isn't the best colour and horrendously painted non-TCR wheels.  Very odd for a nearly new car.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201907069779547?sort=sponsored&model=GOLF&make=VOLKSWAGEN&advertising-location=at_cars&aggregatedTrim=GTI%20TCR&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&postcode=s37bh&radius=1500&page=1

It appears those wheels are VW originals;-

https://shops.volkswagen.com/en_GB/web/zubehoer/p/leichtmetallfelge-twinspoke-7-5-j-x-19-red-edition-5g0071499--ya5-14?category=4317:904_VWZ_OZ:Category

I'm sure I could think of better ways to spend €1600, but we're all different, eh?

Money doesn’t equal taste. Just look at Lewis Hamilton.

The car has been up for a bit which should be no surprise based on those horrendous alloys. The colour also does the car no favours as you say. Hard, hard sell.

Still not seen a TCR in the flesh but autotrader is filling up nicely with them.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #866 on: 11 August 2019, 00:24 »
I went to stage 3 on 29th of June (build week confirmed) but no movement since. I thought VW worked on a 4 week plan so was expecting to move to stage 4 by now. Anyone seeing the same?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #867 on: 11 August 2019, 07:04 »
I went to stage 3 on 29th of June (build week confirmed) but no movement since. I thought VW worked on a 4 week plan so was expecting to move to stage 4 by now. Anyone seeing the same?

It’s probably the tracker that’s inaccurate and hasn’t been updated. On uk-polos.net, some owners have taken delivery of their cars and the tracker still shows them as being in transit from the factory to the dealer.

Best to check with your dealer or VW Customer Services, who should have more accurate, up to date information.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Crockers

• Not said much yet
« Reply #868 on: 11 August 2019, 08:51 »
It's an ex demo. So the dealer put those wheels on. WTF....chav dealer in North Yorkshire..

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #869 on: 11 August 2019, 09:58 »
It's an ex demo. So the dealer put those wheels on. WTF....chav dealer in North Yorkshire..
I bought my current golf from Lookers Northallerton and they certainly aren't a "Chav" dealer whatever that is. Never heard such a stupid comment on a forum before!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.