Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245737 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #850 on: 06 August 2019, 10:12 »
It's on my list for possible replacements next year.

Where are you going to find one next year? If you haven't ordered one now, you won't get one will you? Mk7.5 production will end with the summer shutdown and Mk8 begin...

There is still a lot of speculation about the naming of the two new GTI Mk8's. Most stories suggest two versions, like the Mk7. Some say the new PP will be "TCR" and some say its "club" or "cup". Who knows!

From what understand also the PP will in essence be the TCR in terms of power etc, and maybe just called the MK 8 TCR and PP gets dropped, not sure?

Think there will be a few TCR floating around on second hand market and given how fickle some are for the newest and greatest the MK 8 should you think make for some late MK 7 bargains.

The only thing I am going to change on the TCR is the Caps, from that rubbish Matte finish to the Gloss, and might get a clear boot/bumper protector as my R has got a few minor scrapes there.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #851 on: 06 August 2019, 10:22 »
It's on my list for possible replacements next year.

Where are you going to find one next year? If you haven't ordered one now, you won't get one will you? Mk7.5 production will end with the summer shutdown and Mk8 begin...

There is still a lot of speculation about the naming of the two new GTI Mk8's. Most stories suggest two versions, like the Mk7. Some say the new PP will be "TCR" and some say its "club" or "cup". Who knows!

I imagine I’ll find one on Autotrader...! I’m not talking about buying new, wouldn’t buy new with my own money!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #852 on: 06 August 2019, 13:07 »
Hello all,

New to posting to the forum but have been reading for a while.  Took delivery of my TCR last week, 3 door, Oryx with black / pan roof and (naughty I know) body coloured mirrors as I felt the black matt, or gloss, didn't really work with the already very black and white car.  Marmite colour choice I realise but it does look amazing in the metal.

Not 100% sure how to link to / insert a hosted image but will try this https://i.postimg.cc/TPrXcLXT/tcr.jpg

Phil
TCR 3 door

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #853 on: 06 August 2019, 13:17 »
That looks stunning Phil!

Very jealous!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #854 on: 06 August 2019, 13:34 »
Hello all,

New to posting to the forum but have been reading for a while.  Took delivery of my TCR last week, 3 door, Oryx with black / pan roof and (naughty I know) body coloured mirrors as I felt the black matt, or gloss, didn't really work with the already very black and white car.  Marmite colour choice I realise but it does look amazing in the metal.

Not 100% sure how to link to / insert a hosted image but will try this https://i.postimg.cc/TPrXcLXT/tcr.jpg

Phil

Subtle but very noticeable change in look just by changing the Mirror caps, makes the white flow as a single pane - Oryx is also a much nicer colour than the plain white and so the effect again is different

The White TCR I saw in MK fell a little bit flat with me, as it was too busy but the two differences of the uplifted paint and the colour coded caps definitely works to the better and agree looks stunning

What car did you come from? how finding the TCR in comparison, and are you past the 1000 mile mark to be able to push the car that bit more?

8 weeks for me to receive, so still handing onto others experiences to keep me going haha,
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #855 on: 06 August 2019, 14:26 »
Thanks for the appreciative comments, and I’m relieved that you share my thoughts around what I had started to consider being a bit of an odd choice but which has turned out well.

Previous daily was a 2016 3 door DSG PP in Pure white which I had decided to keep for a good few years as it really did everything I wanted in terms of all round ability.  That changed when VW announced there would be no more 3 door GTI’s and the idea of having a combination of TCR spec with the last of a long, long line was too much to resist.

Courtesy of our regular weekend trips from the Midlands to Norfolk the TCR is now at just over 800 miles so it has been gently(!) extended and the best way I can describe the car is like the PP but turned up to 11.  The performance is effortless in comparison and mid-range I’d say is on a par with the C63 coupe I changed for the PP (lovely car but with my commute it averaged 13 mpg which was frankly silly).  The interior is a wonderful place to be and, as has been said by many far more qualified than I am to write about cars, it just does everything so well.  Sitting at a steady cruise on the A14/A11 the TCR is comfortable and quiet, get to an empty stretch (new Elveden bypass works well late in the evening…) and it becomes every bit the performance car, not just a hot hatch.  A comment much earlier in this thread “there will always be a GTI in my garage” sums it up perfectly – I really cannot think of another car I’ve owned or driven that is such a complete package.

It will be well worth the wait Hertsman!

Phil
TCR 3 door

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #856 on: 06 August 2019, 14:34 »
For ease of viewing!

Have to say as others, that looks great in Oryx, nice to see a 3 door too, perfect :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #857 on: 06 August 2019, 16:19 »
Welcome Philip and what a stunning TCR  :cool:

You’ve nailed it with that car, perfect  :afro:

(And well done Watts for the image insertion) 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #858 on: 06 August 2019, 16:28 »
Looks brilliant! You must be very pleased indeed!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #859 on: 06 August 2019, 16:42 »

From what understand also the PP will in essence be the TCR in terms of power etc, and maybe just called the MK 8 TCR and PP gets dropped, not sure?

I absolutely agree that the TCR is here to stay in Mk8 form. It’s a trim level of gti just like the PP was. They will definitely have two power levels of gti imo. It’d be really interesting to see what percentage of people buy what model in mk8 form as in Mk7. Was the PP more popular?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.