Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245751 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #800 on: 03 July 2019, 08:23 »
Ok, back on subject, :grin: anyone else received, put some miles on, have any thoughts, comparisons to what changed from? photos?

put 1500 miles on now including a 850mile round trip over weekend, very happy with the car, anything specific you would like comment on?

Morning

What is your spec and what car you coming from? my interest is changing over from an R so them comparisons good to read.

In general, given you been on a long trip, the comfort, road noise etc. My R is the consummate comfortable mile eater when set in comfort but there are differences in the DCC between the R and the TCR

- Economy over a long run (not why we buy these cars, but still an interest)

One question had for a while, is there a sound aktuator? I read there was not and sound is completely native (you can check in the menu under individual as if its there, there is a setting to reduce the cabin fakery)

Finally, how you finding the style of the TCR, as for a Golf its a little less understated,
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #801 on: 03 July 2019, 12:08 »
When did you place your order? Mine has gone awfully quick from stage 2 to 3 considering how king it usually takes.

Cant remember to be honest.  I originally ordered a while back but ending up changing the order which resulted in a new one a few weeks back.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #802 on: 03 July 2019, 12:12 »
Just had build week 33 confirmed which means it should land on these shores mid September, though my lease does not complete till mid October - Imagine that makes mine a MY20 though nothing definitive out there to what that actually will be yet.

I'm BW 33 too (was unconfirmed as of a week ago but was expected to lock in as that).  Yep, it makes it a MY20 as think it equates to 12th August.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Ado

• Not said much yet
« Reply #803 on: 03 July 2019, 12:40 »
Dealer confirmed its BW33 too, looks like they are building it in one big batch which makes me wonder if production is ending soon?
TCR Ordered 10/06/19

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #804 on: 03 July 2019, 14:47 »
Bit coincidental we have all been given same build week so maybe it is a sign of the end of the run as factory phases over to the MK 8

Not seen any sign of configurator changing to new pricing and spec that was mentioned, but sure we see soon enough.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #805 on: 03 July 2019, 23:43 »
One question had for a while, is there a sound aktuator? I read there was not and sound is completely native (you can check in the menu under individual as if its there, there is a setting to reduce the cabin fakery)

There isn't a sound actuator. I've said this, it's in the product literature too and several reviews have mentioned it. You can make your own broom broom noises if you want to but that's not an option on the menu system.  :grin: :tongue:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #806 on: 04 July 2019, 08:31 »

There isn't a sound actuator. I've said this, it's in the product literature too and several reviews have mentioned it. You can make your own broom broom noises if you want to but that's not an option on the menu system.  :grin: :tongue:

Try to read through everything but its now a long thread so apologies if missed it, but thanks for confirming again.

Its one of my major annoyances on the R hence been seeking the answer and though you can deselect it in individual or unplug it, its a definite plus its been completely removed.

On this subject did read there will be legislation coming for electric cars to have external fakery to imitate engine noise so as to warn pedestrians, which could be a ridiculous state of affairs - Would a Primus have a sport pack ferrari sound option  :grin:

Also every electric car will have to emit a beep on reversing!

Not sure how true this article was, but pollution will be replaced by noise pollution.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #807 on: 04 July 2019, 09:32 »

Try to read through everything but its now a long thread so apologies if missed it, but thanks for confirming again.

Its one of my major annoyances on the R hence been seeking the answer and though you can deselect it in individual or unplug it, its a definite plus its been completely removed.

On this subject did read there will be legislation coming for electric cars to have external fakery to imitate engine noise so as to warn pedestrians, which could be a ridiculous state of affairs - Would a Primus have a sport pack ferrari sound option  :grin:

Also every electric car will have to emit a beep on reversing!

Not sure how true this article was, but pollution will be replaced by noise pollution.

Yes I gather electric cars do have to make noise up to 40mph, something like that.

Must admit that when I see Teslas go past, I'm not that impressed with how quiet they are - think the benefits must be in the cabin, as most of the time the road noise from the tyres is the biggest contributor

EDIT: Majorly f**ked the formatting up!
« Last Edit: 04 July 2019, 11:21 by sjw »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #808 on: 04 July 2019, 10:14 »
Cars don't beep now on reverse so why would electric cars need to??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #809 on: 04 July 2019, 10:29 »
Cars don't beep now on reverse so why would electric cars need to??

you can hear the engine noise now and electric is silent - maybe it will just be engine fakery full stop but that was the indication.