Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245741 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #630 on: 19 May 2019, 11:39 »
Saw a TCR fresh on forecourt yesterday and again somehow managed to find another colour and not the pure grey ordered

Thoughts are now seen the black and the pure white that glad option the grey as for me there is simply too much contrast with the black and the white given there is so much black trim - it looks patchy and never really flows or blends

This had the pano roof and the black roof, personally I would have one or the other

The mirror caps were not as bad as thought but still would be so much nicer in gloss black so that’s 💯 changeover now

Outside of these preferences, and in isolation love all the lifts in styling and feel the pure grey will be the perfect backdrop and blend all the features

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #631 on: 19 May 2019, 15:23 »
Completely agree with you there. Not sure white really works on the tcr. Too much black trim. From what I’ve seen it’s got to be red or pure grey.

Did you get any photos of the rear lip spoiler?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #632 on: 19 May 2019, 17:22 »
In very bright sunlight

Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #633 on: 19 May 2019, 17:40 »
Saw a TCR fresh on forecourt yesterday and again somehow managed to find another colour and not the pure grey ordered

Thoughts are now seen the black and the pure white that glad option the grey as for me there is simply too much contrast with the black and the white given there is so much black trim - it looks patchy and never really flows or blends

This had the pano roof and the black roof, personally I would have one or the other

The mirror caps were not as bad as thought but still would be so much nicer in gloss black so that’s 💯 changeover now

Outside of these preferences, and in isolation love all the lifts in styling and feel the pure grey will be the perfect backdrop and blend all the features

Completely agree with you there. Not sure white really works on the tcr. Too much black trim. From what I’ve seen it’s got to be red or pure grey.

Did you get any photos of the rear lip spoiler?

Also agree that white doesn’t really work on the TCR, because it’s too fragmented and the fluidity of the design is sacrificed as a result of all the black.

But this (below) looks absolutely amazing! 

In very bright sunlight

You made exactly the right choice Hertsman.
« Last Edit: 19 May 2019, 17:42 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #634 on: 20 May 2019, 10:01 »

"You made exactly the right choice Hertsman."

Morning Rebecca

Having owned a GTD and an R you would think that there is not much left to be unsure about, but being an early adopter of the TCR you do not get to see one up close and its still a bit of a punt on the styling thats based just on videos and photos and its still a nervous moment when see in flesh for the first time as its a decent outlay for all of us no matter how paying - Having seen the white and the black I think I would have had that slight sinking feeling

Think white would be better without the black roof and so it stays predominately white and the trim is more complimentary, but there as really too much going on for the eye with this specification.

The Pure Grey does seem to compliment and blend the black and red so feeling comfortable that have made the best choice.

Sure get to see one soon on a forecourt its typical that the two most accessible to me had 2 out of the 4 colours thats not grey!

have a good day out there :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #635 on: 20 May 2019, 10:14 »
Funny how colour makes such a difference. I couldn't have my CSS in anything but white - heritage nod to the MKI and the balance of contrast works perfectly but somehow the white on the TCR just doesn't hang together and the bodywork isn't that different. Pure Grey definitely the right choice for the TCR.

Talking of which, my detailer has finished the car and it's being dropped off on a low loader this Friday. Could have had it today but as it's my wife's car, wanted her to be here and the weather is awful until later in the week. No fun doing it in the rain. I've told her she needs to be here for a supermarket delivery - nearly got busted as she logged in to add items to the order and couldn't find any evidence of the delivery. Had to scramble a fake order. Think the detailer is quite enjoying the cloak and dagger - asked me which supermarket he should say he is from and what his delivery driver name is for when he rings the gate intercom!  :laugh: :grin: :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #636 on: 20 May 2019, 10:17 »

The Pure Grey does seem to compliment and blend the black and red so feeling comfortable that have made the best choice.

Sure get to see one soon on a forecourt its typical that the two most accessible to me had 2 out of the 4 colours thats not grey!

I'll send you plenty of pictures to keep you going?  :grin:

I'm assuming you're in Hertfordshire, if you are, you might see ours as we park the car with the in-laws when we're in London.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #637 on: 20 May 2019, 10:48 »
Funny how colour makes such a difference. I couldn't have my CSS in anything but white - heritage nod to the MKI and the balance of contrast works perfectly but somehow the white on the TCR just doesn't hang together and the bodywork isn't that different. Pure Grey definitely the right choice for the TCR.

Talking of which, my detailer has finished the car and it's being dropped off on a low loader this Friday. Could have had it today but as it's my wife's car, wanted her to be here and the weather is awful until later in the week. No fun doing it in the rain. I've told her she needs to be here for a supermarket delivery - nearly got busted as she logged in to add items to the order and couldn't find any evidence of the delivery. Had to scramble a fake order. Think the detailer is quite enjoying the cloak and dagger - asked me which supermarket he should say he is from and what his delivery driver name is for when he rings the gate intercom!  :laugh: :grin: :grin:

The CS styling played on the length of the car, with that long thick stripe across the lower body with Clubsport signing and the elongated rear spolier, it made for nice long lines with white still the predominant colour, great looking car - This TCR in particular with the added roof and panoramic proved more of something is not necessarily a good thing

Did the cloak and dagger on the wife A1 SLine Black Edition - As far as she was concerned it was a pub lunch at one of our favourite places which just happens to have you pass close to the Audi garage had it delivered to - So it was, an "actually as we are passing and have some time, I just want to pop in and see if there is an S3 can look over"  - Had the look of "really?! " haha and over we went.

Already had the young lad who was dealing with me onside and we just wandered in and I started to look over the S3 which knew was there (dragging it out) and testing her patience - Then I took over to one of the delivery bays citing I think a new S3 was in there pretty sure there was a polite sigh - Still having no idea it was actually hers she went, "O, I really like that"

Still dragging it out, just said, yes it is nice and started to look over it - The young lad then quietly handed me the keys and I then just handed them to her and said, its yours :)

The reaction is worth the effort and so looking forward to hearing how it all played out and her rating on her Ocado delivery :)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #638 on: 20 May 2019, 10:53 »

I'll send you plenty of pictures to keep you going?  :grin:

I'm assuming you're in Hertfordshire, if you are, you might see ours as we park the car with the in-laws when we're in London.

yes, the A1 corridor bordering Beds, so maybe see it flying up the A1

Looking forward to the photos of course but also what think of the drive itself - my expectation coming from the R is not much or any noticeable loss in the performance that have got used to (once moving  :wink:) and with maybe a little more lightness and engagement due to the weight reduction.

Online AGB

• I live here
« Reply #639 on: 20 May 2019, 11:40 »
The CS styling played on the length of the car, with that long thick stripe across the lower body with Clubsport signing and the elongated rear spolier, it made for nice long lines with white still the predominant colour, great looking car - This TCR in particular with the added roof and panoramic proved more of something is not necessarily a good thing

Did the cloak and dagger on the wife A1 SLine Black Edition - As far as she was concerned it was a pub lunch at one of our favourite places which just happens to have you pass close to the Audi garage had it delivered to - So it was, an "actually as we are passing and have some time, I just want to pop in and see if there is an S3 can look over"  - Had the look of "really?! " haha and over we went.

Already had the young lad who was dealing with me onside and we just wandered in and I started to look over the S3 which knew was there (dragging it out) and testing her patience - Then I took over to one of the delivery bays citing I think a new S3 was in there pretty sure there was a polite sigh - Still having no idea it was actually hers she went, "O, I really like that"

Still dragging it out, just said, yes it is nice and started to look over it - The young lad then quietly handed me the keys and I then just handed them to her and said, its yours :)

The reaction is worth the effort and so looking forward to hearing how it all played out and her rating on her Ocado delivery :)

I agree, I think the lines of three door are better and I find myself admiring the angles of the back of the car. It wouldn't be practical for us to opt for 3 door and I'm playing the card that the 5 door is the shell used for the TCR race car so is truer to the concept!  :laugh: :grin:

I don't know why you'd put a sun roof in a TCR that you're positioning as a performance vehicle - all that weight up high and merging it with a black roof when it takes up half the roof seems an odd spec choice. I have seen some very weird dealer spec cars in my time though.

My wife is far too suspicious despite my best efforts and she hates surprises and likes the anticipation of looking forward to something. Good work with your wife - I imagine if you were in Audi West London, you could have spent half a day there keeping up the ruse! :laugh: