Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245721 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #610 on: 14 May 2019, 20:17 »
Either way, that’s not £40k worth of car! Wow!

It's a massive amount! Ok, you'd hope to get a discount off.

Options on this one are Pure Grey, 19s with DCC, Pan roof, 90% tints, side decals  :shocked: , Dynaudio. Total of £5220! Soon adds up...

Just specced that car on Vw and I got just over £41k. So I presume it would be in the higher tax band.

Should be £40,525? I checked and it came out at that? KMPowell was saying would fall under. That includes VED of £530 plus assume other OTR charges.

I don’t know what I talking about tbh but just added options on the Configurator. Wasn’t sure if it had a black roof. How do you calculate OTR costs? I thought it just came directly off the Configurator price. If not, it’s a total bargain. 🤔
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #611 on: 14 May 2019, 20:18 »
Either way, that’s not £40k worth of car! Wow!

It's a massive amount! Ok, you'd hope to get a discount off.

Options on this one are Pure Grey, 19s with DCC, Pan roof, 90% tints, side decals  :shocked: , Dynaudio. Total of £5220! Soon adds up...

Just specced that car on Vw and I got just over £41k. So I presume it would be in the higher tax band.

Should be £40,525? I checked and it came out at that? KMPowell was saying would fall under. That includes VED of £530 plus assume other OTR charges.

I don’t know what I talking about tbh but just added options on the Configurator. Wasn’t sure if it had a black roof. How do you calculate OTR costs? I thought it just came directly off the Configurator price. If not, it’s a total bargain. 🤔

No full black roof, just the pan roof.

That TCR is going to be £40k list.... so whacked with the "expensive car tax" for 5 years.... ouch.
The £40k+ luxury tax is calculated on the List/RRP before OTR costs, so as that car is £40,525 OTR (according to the plinth in the picture) and a TCR has OTR costs of £1220, it'll be under.

:smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #612 on: 14 May 2019, 20:20 »
Well that’s £555 saved. I’ll buy two then. 👍
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #613 on: 14 May 2019, 20:46 »
Spotted this today at JCT Rotherham...

Thoughts - looks bloody awesome! Liked the Pure Grey which I thought might not look good. Rear diffuser in gloss black looks great, very pronounced as opposed to the std plastic one on the normal GTI. Interior is lovely, feels and looks more expensive than the stock cloth. And not as orange as some pictures look. Not sure why the mirror caps are a greyish colour and not gloss black to match front lip/sides/rear etc. Wasn't keen on those.

But with options, this was £40k! I'm guessing you'd get some discount though.

Making that look pricey was this... 19 plate, white, manual, 3rd, no keyless

Looks great, hope to see one in flesh soon was quite disappointed when my garage said had one and it was black!

Will see how feel about wing mirror as might get some carbon copies or gloss black replacement as sure seen many good ones recommended on here and vwroc - also might consider the Hello wind deflectors

Have also thought gloss black tailpipes be good but think stay with the GTI signature chrome

Inside looks great to me coming from the R which is classy but a splash of GTI red would be a welcomed change to add a little more cabin lustre - but nice find and near 5 months is seeming a long way away (R helps the pain though)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #614 on: 14 May 2019, 21:32 »
The mirrors are a bit off. Like a matt grey but doesn't go with anything else on the car as far as I could see.

I got the OEM gloss black for £125 and they are lovely and so easy to fit.

You certainly won't be disappointed when it arrives! I really like the interior. Enough colour and the Alcantara is nice. The 12 o'clock marker is leather and stitched as well.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #615 on: 15 May 2019, 08:49 »
The mirrors are a bit off. Like a matt grey but doesn't go with anything else on the car as far as I could see.

You certainly won't be disappointed when it arrives! I really like the interior. Enough colour and the Alcantara is nice. The 12 o'clock marker is leather and stitched as well.

Highly likely that will change them out for the Gloss, and maybe even get the Gloss Hello wind deflectors as pretty much my only changes - Accept that maybe CS owners will not see the interior as much and maybe even a disappointment due to seats not being like the CS, but for someone like me, the interior is pretty decent lift over my very classy, but plain MK 7 R -

Seeing little updates like yours more regularly now and consensus is pretty much matching yours in look and style, just need AGB to get his and tell us what its like on the road, especially once past the 1000 mile mark.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #616 on: 15 May 2019, 09:43 »

Highly likely that will change them out for the Gloss, and maybe even get the Gloss Hello wind deflectors as pretty much my only changes - Accept that maybe CS owners will not see the interior as much and maybe even a disappointment due to seats not being like the CS, but for someone like me, the interior is pretty decent lift over my very classy, but plain MK 7 R -

Seeing little updates like yours more regularly now and consensus is pretty much matching yours in look and style, just need AGB to get his and tell us what its like on the road, especially once past the 1000 mile mark.

I agree on the gloss mirror caps, the matt looks dreadful and doesn't tie in with another texture or surface on the entire car. With a straight face, I asked the dealer if they were going to fix that in PDI. The salesman didn't know the product well enough and took me literally and it would have been socially awkward to have explained that I was kidding so I am waiting for the email to come in advising me 'that's how they come' or maybe I'll get lucky!  :laugh:

Being cynical and knowing what VAG are like, I suspect they made them look bad to up sell the carbon fibre. Outside of this forum, I am guessing that not many will know the component assembly and that it's a simple change.

Have a road trip planned up to Northumberland for the first week of June. Taking the GT4 but now my wife is making noises about taking the TCR... I am standing firm.  :evil:

MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #617 on: 15 May 2019, 10:01 »

I agree on the gloss mirror caps, the matt looks dreadful and doesn't tie in with another texture or surface on the entire car. With a straight face, I asked the dealer if they were going to fix that in PDI. The salesman didn't know the product well enough and took me literally and it would have been socially awkward to have explained that I was kidding so I am waiting for the email to come in advising me 'that's how they come' or maybe I'll get lucky!  :laugh:

Being cynical and knowing what VAG are like, I suspect they made them look bad to up sell the carbon fibre. Outside of this forum, I am guessing that not many will know the component assembly and that it's a simple change.

Have a road trip planned up to Northumberland for the first week of June. Taking the GT4 but now my wife is making noises about taking the TCR... I am standing firm.  :evil:

Be great if they somehow managed to polish them up to gloss in the PDI haha - imagine some young trainee being given that task :)

OEM Black Caps are a justifiable spend at circa £100 and think a must from what understand are a relatively straightforward swap if take time and appropriate care - Could get the Carbon copies, as seen these and they are very good, but actually think in this case the Gloss Black Caps are the better match

Have a road trip planned to the jurassic coast in July, around into Cornwall, so that be my R last hurrah.

Sure the TCR is going to be great and I am going to love it, but unless was taking passengers, I would still leave it parked up and take the GT4 on any roadtrip, - its out of my price band but very much on the desired list, such a great looking car and sure it drives as amazingly too  :evil:
« Last Edit: 15 May 2019, 10:02 by Hertsman »

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #618 on: 15 May 2019, 10:04 »

Be great if they somehow managed to polish them up to gloss in the PDI haha - imagine some young trainee being given that task :)

OEM Black Caps are a justifiable spend at circa £100 and think a must from what understand are a relatively straightforward swap if take time and appropriate care - Could get the Carbon copies, as seen these and they are very good, but actually think in this case the Gloss Black Caps are the better match

Very easy swap and there's no need to remove the mirror glass either!
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #619 on: 15 May 2019, 10:24 »

Very easy swap and there's no need to remove the mirror glass either!

Will have them ready and waiting for when arrives - All my cars are swapped out in October, so they get a thorough clean and a heavy dose of collonite and aside from a jet wash when particularly filthy (no brush) thats way it stays until the spring clean - So at the receiving point on will go the caps, the wind deflectors (going to try them, see if like them, and either keep or sale on)

was a field  service engineer before falling into the IT trap, so relatively confident on doing medium level car work so should be ok to swap them out without breaking anything, likely guided by a fellow GTI enthusiast on YouTube :)