Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245773 times)

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #510 on: 29 April 2019, 15:30 »
No one going for the black roof?

Its nice, would like it, but its near doubling the paint cost from £595 to £1150 and thats not justifiable unless you really have to not watch the pennies at all.

They will be a rare spec

If for some mad reason you went for the signature look they pushing of the honeycomb decals at £550 you will have added a stonking £1105!

The car looks great in the pure grey and the red and the white and only at half that price at least would anyone consider - Climate Screen and the 90% Tints was where that saving went for me - something practical and useful and an investment in additional style but nominal
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #511 on: 29 April 2019, 16:41 »

Its also pretty expensive if you are getting the pan roof as its 2/3 black then anyway.  Should really be discounted in this situation!
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #512 on: 29 April 2019, 16:46 »
Anyone know what this zero cost option is:

LEDs for dynamic light assist
    Dynamic headlight control and dynamic cornering light
    LED headlamps with variable light distribution

If its zero cost why wouldn't you pick it?
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #513 on: 29 April 2019, 17:01 »

If anyone wanted a black roof, would make more sense to wrap it. It's a ridiculous amount of money for what it is.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #514 on: 29 April 2019, 17:05 »
the standard sound system is more than adequate and in fact is probably beyond that as for example my penthouse and pavement CD sounds pretty good (have high end sonos ad Denon in house)
I'm sorry, everybody is entitled to their own opinion but this is not true, the difference is night & day.

The standard stereo is 8x normal paper-cone speakers with a standard 4x20w (80w max power) output driven from the main headunit (both Discover or Discover Pro).

Dynaudio is 400w (max power) sent over 9x speakers (8 speakers plus the sub), powered via a separate Dynaudio amp, not the headhunt. The front and rear speakers are 2-way sets (dual soft-dome tweeters and magnesium mid drivers), and the sub in the boot is a coil dual-voice.

I've rattled on about this many a time, but if you enjoy music and/or spend a lot of time in the car listening to music, then the Dynaudio really is a no brainer. Once you have it set-up (through the specific Dynaudio software menus in the headhunit) to your taste and sound type, it really does wipe the floor with the standard system, not to mention IMO easily beats BOSE and HK offerings I've had in other cars. The only system it's not beaten is the 1200w Meridian System I had in my Range Rover Sport, but that was 3x the power (and price!).

If you just listen to the radio around town, then it might not be for you, but was first on my ticklist as I love music and spend lots of time in the car travelling with it on. :)

I agree that the Dynaudio is much better than standard but the car as an acoustic environment isn't ideal so I have struggled to justify the cost. I'd rather save my listening for home and have the sound of the exhaust. When we're all driving sewing machines, a real exhaust note is what I think I will miss most.  :grin:

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #515 on: 29 April 2019, 18:20 »

If anyone wanted a black roof, would make more sense to wrap it. It's a ridiculous amount of money for what it is.

£500+ is a ridiculous amount of money.  It was £295 for my CS black roof (and it has a sunroof) and that was bad enough. The only thing I would say is, my mate has a wrapped gloss black roof on one of his cars and it looks good, but it's nowhere near the quality of my factory painted one.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #516 on: 29 April 2019, 19:29 »
There’s a new TCR on autotrader for £38k. The world has gone mad!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #517 on: 29 April 2019, 20:49 »

£500+ is a ridiculous amount of money.  It was £295 for my CS black roof (and it has a sunroof) and that was bad enough. The only thing I would say is, my mate has a wrapped gloss black roof on one of his cars and it looks good, but it's nowhere near the quality of my factory painted one.

Absolutely, no substitute for paint even if it is Volkswagen's orange peel special.  :laugh:

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #518 on: 29 April 2019, 20:53 »
There’s a new TCR on autotrader for £38k. The world has gone mad!

Amazing deal. You save £1,953 off the price advertised for the 30 seconds they advertised it at that price to use a saving call out on the ad.

Offline TCR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #519 on: 30 April 2019, 07:22 »
Just working through my spec at the moment. Has anyone gone outside of pure grey, tints, Reifnitz wheels with dcc and pan roof?

From what I read I’m not sold yet on pro nav and dynaudio and wondered what others are considering?

I’ve gone for pure grey, Pretoria’s with DCC, carbon mirrors, extra rear tints and dynaudio.