Author Topic: Leak :(  (Read 947 times)

Offline rzacasperof

• Not said much yet
Leak :(
« on: 03 December 2006, 18:06 »
My cabby has started to leek :(

It's leaking at the front above the handles to open close roof, as in at the point where the door joins the windscreen.  It's leaking on both sides resulting in a wet arse for me and any passengers as water is dripping on the seats :(

i've given it a visual inspection and i cant see howthe waters getting in, everything looks pretty tight.  any suggestions on how to fix?  would it be worth getting new rubber seals for the top of the door?

Dinky

Re: Leak :(
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2006, 21:56 »
first off make sure thats def where its coming from..
mine was leaking from there the other week and i thought i had to buy some new seals but it was actually due to the hood not coming down onto the body and windscreen tight enough..
all i done was ensured the the hooks that hook into the windscreen were actually tight...
best thing to do is undo the hood, then press the hood down at where it joins the windscreen and tighten the hook up as much as u can, if its slack..then hook it under normally..then test with water..
if its not that, it may well be your seals.. :undecided:

Dinx :kiss:
« Last Edit: 03 December 2006, 22:01 by Dinx »

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #2 on: 04 December 2006, 12:33 »
As Dinx has said, check how tight the roof is to the top of the windscreen, if it needs tightening the the hooks that hold the roof in can be turned and adjusted. If this is ok then it does happen sometimes when we get a lot of rain as it runs down the roof (no gullys) and hits the rubber at the top corner of the window and simply rolls in and the build up of water leaks in. A way to combat this is to not park it down hill or on a slope, but if you do make sure the front is facing upwards and you should be ok.
......now officially dubless.

Offline rzacasperof

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 December 2006, 11:44 »
OK thanks for the replys :)

I'll tighten the hooks if possible 1st.  I've just had a quick look, do i turn the hooks to tighten or do i turn the bolt they screw in to?

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #4 on: 06 December 2006, 12:19 »
Turn the hooks themselves not the bolt. Just tighten it up slightly but not too much otherwise they are a b1tch to hook on and lock them if you do them too tight.
......now officially dubless.

Offline rzacasperof

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2006, 11:10 »
I've tightened the hooks and things have improved slightly but problem remains.  The thing is while I was messing around with the hooks i tested the seals and what I beleive the problem area is by pouring a few pints of water directly on to the area.  It didn't leak at all?  Zip, nada nothing!?!?!  later that night it rained and once again water starts dripping in and I get a wet drivers seat :(  whats the best way to go about figuring out where the waters getting in? 

Dinky

« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2006, 17:37 »
did you test all the way along from like where the hooks start to the join of the door-all that rubber/seal?
maybs just pour water all over the roof/windows areas and see where leaks?!  :undecided:
you have wound your windows up properly aint ya.. :tongue:

Dinx :kiss: