Author Topic: Tuning on a budget, whats next?  (Read 1292 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Tuning on a budget, whats next?
« on: 08 September 2005, 18:06 »
Hi, well i am in the process of getting a house, so i have to watch what i spend! i still want to continue modding my mk1. I already have a full s/s exhaust, a 4 in to one manifold and a 2.2 throttle body, now what is the next best step to get some more power! i am after a car which is quick off the mark! top speed doent really matter to me, and i dont really want to spend a great deal! any ideas would be good, oh and cost! cheers (skint) rob  :grin:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
Re: Tuning on a budget, whats next?
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2005, 19:09 »
A warm-up reg with a vacuum take off can help I beleive  :undecided:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2005, 19:11 »
what does that do??  :smiley:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline richard ellison

• I live here
  • Mk1 Cab 'Gertrude'
« Reply #3 on: 09 September 2005, 09:44 »
i think this is another push to what i suggested regarding power upgrades on mk1s- a thread with opinions/stages on power increases and £ for each one...

maybe one of the more experienced memebers coudl write it from experience etc  :rolleyes:

Offline GTI EDITION (aka LTD)

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2005, 10:33 »
Basically the Warm Up Regulator (WUR) adjusts the fuel pressure for cold starts/running ( richer mixture ) and as the engine warms-up it reduces the fuel pressure ( therefore weakening the mixture ) like the choke does on a carb :wink:

I built a 1900 engine for a mate back in the 80s for his mk1 . Stage 2 head , fast road cam ,2.2 throttle body , WUR (with vacuum take off ) , etc . He took it up to the GTI international sprint that year at Crowthorn and got 2nd in class  ( I don't think that's bad for my first go at ' modified ' engine building .  :cool: :smiley: )

« Last Edit: 09 September 2005, 10:43 by 1/2 VW(itted) »

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=topn&cat=19378

Does my arse look TOO BIG (to fit) in this (forum).... or was it something I said ?

Judderi

« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2005, 10:43 »
A K&B type replacement pannel filter will increase power a little and give better throttle response.

mix

« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2005, 11:12 »
No interior, just ya front seat :wink:

Easy to do aswell, just have to take the back ones out :tongue: