Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 382816 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1570 on: 09 December 2012, 10:08 »
All this talk of BMWs has got me looking in that direction for a possible replacement for the Passat next year. I think the 5 Touring is cracking value as an everyday car, but would the 520 be considered too gay?

Not at all, they are a fine car with that engine, I'd go for either a 520d or a 535d as you either want it all or good economy with good performance  :wink:

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #1571 on: 09 December 2012, 10:21 »
Well the wife's black edition A1 is going....She's ordered a new 5 door A3 which is out in March 2013. I really think she wanted Golf as she seems to drive my ED35 quite a bit... :smug:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #1572 on: 09 December 2012, 11:34 »
Well the wife's black edition A1 is going....She's ordered a new 5 door A3 which is out in March 2013. I really think she wanted Golf as she seems to drive my ED35 quite a bit... :smug:

What A1 is it and spec also do you mind if I ask how much they gave her for it?

Offline squirrelGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #1573 on: 09 December 2012, 11:35 »
I may consider a change completely. Had a look at the range rover evoque, starts at 29k.
Gone GTi | 3dr | Manual | Carbon Grey | Xenons | Monza 18's | RCD 510 |Rear Camera | Winter Pack.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #1574 on: 09 December 2012, 11:41 »
I may consider a change completely. Had a look at the range rover evoque, starts at 29k.

Yes but ends up being 50k with all the toys, auto and 4wd lol, we looked at it for Mrs Doc and yes we both liked it but at twice the price (after discount) of a similarly specified and sized yeti it was a no brainier not to buy one.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #1575 on: 09 December 2012, 13:07 »

What A1 is it and spec also do you mind if I ask how much they gave her for it?

+1 I would like to know too mate? :undecided:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #1576 on: 09 December 2012, 14:00 »
Nosey buggers aren't we  :grin:

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #1577 on: 09 December 2012, 14:10 »
They are giving her £17k against the new A3...

It's a 2lt diesel S line black edition...

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1578 on: 10 December 2012, 08:27 »
All this talk of BMWs has got me looking in that direction for a possible replacement for the Passat next year. I think the 5 Touring is cracking value as an everyday car, but would the 520 be considered too gay?

Not at all, they are a fine car with that engine, I'd go for either a 520d or a 535d as you either want it all or good economy with good performance  :wink:

I'm going to have to go and have a drive in one. I can't afford a 535d, plus I've had nearly 8 years of bearly 40mpg in my Passat V6 TDI, so fancy something that is going to give me better fuel consumption and cheaper tax (like my Golf). I just need to find a dealer that can be bothered to look up from his desk when I go into the showroom now.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #1579 on: 10 December 2012, 13:43 »

I'm going to have to go and have a drive in one. I can't afford a 535d, plus I've had nearly 8 years of bearly 40mpg in my Passat V6 TDI, so fancy something that is going to give me better fuel consumption and cheaper tax (like my Golf). I just need to find a dealer that can be bothered to look up from his desk when I go into the showroom now.

Know what you mean, I went in looking at Alpina D3's before I got the golf, asked if I could talk with someone and they left me waiting 15 mins, so I walked out.
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.