Author Topic: my perfect mothers day gift :)  (Read 4131 times)

Offline search

• I live here
Re: my perfect mothers day gift :)
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2012, 20:37 »
LOL how old are your kids? My little Girl moans when i ask if she would help me was the car.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline shelaghmk3gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2012, 21:32 »
theyre 21,18 and 17 so more than capable of a bit of slaving for theyre lovely mummy  :smug: lol
the little one is 7 hes more than willing to help 'shine' it.. he is VW mad.. he wants a T1 campervan bless him.. one day :)

lol gasket...i can imagine what she was thinking  :grin:

Offline search

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2012, 23:56 »
Well whats the point in having kids if you cant put your feet up once a year lol.
Golf mk3 1.4 (sold)
Golf mk2 1.3 (sold)
Golf mk3 1.6

Offline shelaghmk3gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 17 March 2012, 08:17 »
init!  :wink:
24 hours and counting  :evil: ( well it will be sunday lol)

Offline shelaghmk3gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 18 March 2012, 08:47 »
well the head unit went in yesterday cos i nagged  :kiss: was a straight swap tho so hardley hard work..now sat here twiddling my thumbs waiting for the lazy gits to wake up..also looks like its going to rain  :sad: so maybe i wont get my 'perfect gift' afterall  :cry:
ah well spose ill have to sit on my bum eating chocolate all day.. gutted! :evil:

Offline shelaghmk3gti

• Here all the time
Re: my perfect mothers day gift :) pics of car included now :)
« Reply #15 on: 18 March 2012, 17:30 »

shes had a new sunroof fitted today,  engine bay and every other bit of paint work cleaned up ( nooks and crannies not the outside).. swapped the front lights ( small ones) back to clear as i had painted them yellow :) sprayed front and back badges.... shes looking fab for her age :) ( she IS fab for her age)
« Last Edit: 18 March 2012, 18:46 by shelaghmk3gti »

Gavv8

« Reply #16 on: 18 March 2012, 17:35 »
Looking very tidy.. :cool:

Offline andy-gti84

• Here all the time
  • lowanslow
« Reply #17 on: 18 March 2012, 17:35 »
looking nice dont fancy sending them up to me to do my car do ya lol  :grin:

Offline shelaghmk3gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 18 March 2012, 18:28 »
LOL! they were still sleeping at 3pm! i had take the lining and old sunroof out myself.. then cleaned everything/removed the grille, sprayed the badges/changed the blanks and cleaned the indicators while i waited for them to get up.. was supposed to have the discs and pads done and a full polish too, but theyre tired.. bless em  :angry:
she is looking fab tho.. even a couple of local mechanics came over to admire her,and were very impressed with the engine bay :)
so chuffed with my sunroof..we couldnt figure out how to change the internal cover though.. but it looks fine.slightly darker but plain anyway.

note to self.. get a new tax disc holder  :rolleyes:

shelagh x

andy have you sprayed your mirror backs or were they like that as standard? and what do u use on your trim and bumper? i use linseed oil but its no good on this car as the plastic has swirls that it wont get through :(
« Last Edit: 18 March 2012, 18:42 by shelaghmk3gti »

Offline andy-gti84

• Here all the time
  • lowanslow
« Reply #19 on: 18 March 2012, 19:22 »
lol i would have kicked them out of bed an made them do every thing lol  :grin:
i use this stuff here u can pick it up from halfords is messy like when putting it on like an u get black as well lol.

it does really do a gd job an is cheap.
my mirrors where like this when i got car so your might have been change at some point befor u get car. what paint did u use for your badges? as mine could do with spraying  :sad: