Author Topic: EBay Purchase !!!! ***UPDATED***  (Read 7101 times)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
Re: EBay Purchase !!!! ***UPDATED***
« Reply #60 on: 14 November 2011, 12:44 »
That looks wicked!  :cool:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #61 on: 14 November 2011, 17:49 »
I hear you, but a mk4 1.8t in your mk3 is a much different experience to what you would get in a mk4. plus this is no longer original annie due to front end changes  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #62 on: 14 November 2011, 18:20 »
I hear you, but a mk4 1.8t in your mk3 is a much different experience to what you would get in a mk4. plus this is no longer original annie due to front end changes  :evil: :evil: :evil:

My original front end is available at any moment and the Vento is for personal choice. I would not attempt the engine conversion as I have neither the knowledge or finance's to do the job properly. I do admire the people who carry out the 1.8t upgrade but I am more than happy with my little 8v. Been down the VR and 16v route but the Mark 3 8v is best for what I need Mate  :smiley:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #63 on: 14 November 2011, 18:24 »
thats fair do is that

the 8v isn't as bad as some folk say anyhow

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #64 on: 14 November 2011, 18:35 »
This is probably the quickest 8v I have owned (and I have had 5 of them). It has had a fuel regulator fitted and a cold air feed with K & N Cone filter which may help. Only problem is when I give it a bit I end up deaf as my back box is noisy !!!!  :grin: :grin:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #65 on: 14 November 2011, 18:45 »
yeah the K&N induction kit deffo improved my old 8v lump, removing middle box did too, but made it loud.. which I'm not big one  :grin:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
« Reply #66 on: 18 November 2011, 21:18 »
Took the car to the Garage this week as the handbrake has never worked since I had the car so decided this needed sorting out. Got a call to say the caliper's had stuck. Guy said he could free them off and grease them all up etc. Then says you may want to come down and have a look at something !!!!  :huh:

Get there and the rear drivers side spring had snapped and was resting on the fuel filler tube that goes down to the tank  :shocked: :shocked:

After a day or so went back to collect the car and the chap shows me the snapped spring which had been broke for some time looking at the old spring. Strange one as the car had not dropped as the spring was virtually still in place due to leaning on the pipe. Also no strange noises but a lucky escape none the less. The chap in the garage has cleaned up my discs, replaced the pads, freed up and greased the calipers, greased all the bushes under the car and changed my rear springs for standard ones so now it looks like a Land Rover !!!!!  Now looking for lowering springs or coilovers for it as I just can't look at it on standard springs so now got more money to spend on it !!!!!