Author Topic: help help help can anyone help  (Read 5307 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: help help help can anyone help
« Reply #10 on: 16 March 2011, 18:19 »
if the rear screen is smashed its probably cheaper and easier to just obtain another tailgate.

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 16 March 2011, 19:57 »
if the rear screen is smashed its probably cheaper and easier to just obtain another tailgate.
i know its just the windscreen that will cause me a problem cause u can bolt on doors and a tailgate but the windscreen is more tricky cause its bonded in

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 16 March 2011, 20:01 »
who did you piss off and how?no one just shady jelous Bas@@@ds cant see anyone gettin on the young ones smashed 3 cars in my street so we moved to a new house its prob cause i wouldnt let them hang around my close

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 16 March 2011, 20:03 »
I know that was what i was going to do it would be cheaper and less work

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 16 March 2011, 20:06 »
so they didn't smash the rear screen?
yes they smashed every window buddie its my baby i done tons of work on it so i have 2 fix it

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 16 March 2011, 20:19 »
what about your insurance company?
I was only 3rd party so i didnt even try to claim insurance

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 16 March 2011, 20:26 »
apart from the front doors every bit of glass is glued in and you'll do well to find anyone who has the glass out without it being broken. Sounds like a sh1t sandwich!
the only one thats bonded is the windscreen the rest apart from the tailgate i can do no problem but i will just get a new tailgate so even the 5 doors in dragon green i can just bolt them on that will just leave the windscreen

Just thinking the same, front and rear main door windows are easy enough the rest will be a pain

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2011, 20:42 »
sh!t this does not sound good at all dude
i know it is sh!t m8 i just done the clutch, recon gearbox,front wheel bearings and ball joints,track rods and track rod ends,new stainless exhaust (cat back),new brakelines,induction kit,full service,new discs,pads,(front and back),headlights,new light kit,suspention,reciepts for all the work, previous owner must have tried to jack it up and put a hole in the floor so i had to dress it up and weld a steel plate in and treat it all with underseal i had to fix the floor for the mot guy checked it over and it was done properly so you see how it is so sh!t that its lying in my sister inlaws driveway till i can afford to put windows or doors whichever comes available to me 

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 16 March 2011, 20:45 »
if you can't source anything see if you can find a mate or somewhere to dry store the car!
I've got it in my sister inlaws driveway i know its not the ideal place for it but its the only place i've got its covered

Offline cass mk3 gti 8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 16 March 2011, 20:51 »
apart from the front doors every bit of glass is glued in and you'll do well to find anyone who has the glass out without it being broken. Sounds like a sh1t sandwich!
its a 5 door so the windscreen is the only real problem cause i'll just replace the tailgate if possible and even the 4 doors that will leave a windscreen and 2 wing mirrors and she'll be as good as new