Author Topic: The Blue Nugget 1.8 20V Turbo  (Read 12886 times)

Offline J666LOE

• Just got here
The Blue Nugget 1.8 20V Turbo
« on: 30 May 2017, 11:03 »
Hey guys, I'm new here and I've recently just got myself a MK4 1.8 20V Turbo

I've named it The Blue Nugget, because the reg plate has NUG on it, lol.

It's currently sitting on 201,650 miles, it's been serviced every 5k miles, it has a CDA Air filter on it, Straight through Miltek exhaust (3 inch I think) [Back box sounds pure and utter garbage] it's got Konig (if that's spelt correct) shocks all around, it has Audi TT Comps and Recaro's in.....

Plans for this is to lower it 40mm (on springs not coilovers) get some T1-R tires (225/45/17) Respray and alloy refurb, black out the rear windows and get a better sounding back box for it......

Offline J666LOE

• Just got here
Re: The Blue Nugget 1.8 20V Turbo
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2017, 10:56 »
So I gave the car a quick detail (Ignore the sill as it's destroyed) I've booked the car in for a respray, alloy refurb (The cars gonna be the same colour, the alloys are going Ford Focus ST Pearl Diamond White)

Also the headliner on the car is gonna get sprayed Jazz Blue (beause I wanna be different)

Anyway here's the pics of how it currently sits

Oh and I also detailed it in work time because I'm a boss, lol, my boss wasn't pleased but I don't care... lol

Offline J666LOE

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2017, 13:47 »
Clutch is totally dead on the car, so that needs replacing so I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for an upgrade? I was thinking G60 Flywheel and a VR6 clutch (5 speed box)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2017, 13:57 »
Thatll do the job. Cheaper than a duelmass thats for sure

Offline J666LOE

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 11 June 2017, 14:19 »
Thatll do the job. Cheaper than a duelmass thats for sure

Sweet mate, anything else worth while doing to it? It's the AUM 150 engine..... Hybrid the Turbo? I have a spare K03s turbo I can hybrid ready to put on it anyway so..... FMIC is one I'm doing for sure.....

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2017, 18:38 »
Aum arnt exactly reliable when it comes to bhp. A hybrid and injectors would no doubt make it throw a rod. Unless your going to change the rods and forge it.
Personally ide get a agu and build it up with rods ect and vvt (cant remeber if aum has vvt) and swap the engine over once done. A hybrid ko3s is a good shout but later down the line.
Ive got a ko4 for my spare engine. Just qaiting for the rebuild kit. Then once ive built the engine and that ill just find another car to put it into. Probally another mk2 unless a a3 or mk4 comes up for peanuts

Offline J666LOE

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 12 June 2017, 10:08 »
Aum arnt exactly reliable when it comes to bhp. A hybrid and injectors would no doubt make it throw a rod. Unless your going to change the rods and forge it.
Personally ide get a agu and build it up with rods ect and vvt (cant remeber if aum has vvt) and swap the engine over once done. A hybrid ko3s is a good shout but later down the line.
Ive got a ko4 for my spare engine. Just qaiting for the rebuild kit. Then once ive built the engine and that ill just find another car to put it into. Probally another mk2 unless a a3 or mk4 comes up for peanuts

I'm not going for power, just more low down boost to get off the line and up to speed a little quicker.... That's all.

I've got another engine that's going in my other MK4 Golf (AUQ) but I'm gonna sell that and get the AGU engine, but the other Golf is an 11 second 1/4 mile build or will be, at the moment it's gutted so......

This one in the photo's is just purely for daily driving, I just don't wanna run into clutch problems later on with it, that's why I'm going G60 and VR6 with it, on top of low down boost or boost that'll kick in before 2.5K RPM......

Offline GhostStPatrick

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 25 October 2017, 07:28 »
This the old thread, I lost access to this account, i just made another account and thread so these can be deleted.