Author Topic: BEHOLD!!!....THE NEW GOLF GTI HAS ARRIVED IN GARAGES  (Read 25521 times)

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: BEHOLD!!!....THE NEW GOLF GTI HAS ARRIVED IN GARAGES
« Reply #20 on: 13 May 2009, 12:55 »
Really dislike those lights!  :sick:

Handy for you that those lights are a GBP 1025.00 option! The standard lights do not look like that.

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
« Reply #21 on: 13 May 2009, 13:24 »

+1 but the car is mint!!! Im amazed they can charge that much for lights and people are actually paying it!!
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #22 on: 13 May 2009, 14:52 »
Im amazed they can charge that much for lights and people are actually paying it!!

I agree. The xenons are a €1550 option here in France and there was no way I could justify that kind of outlay just to look cool. I went for active chassis control and sunroof instead (for the same money).

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 13 May 2009, 15:12 »
and there was me thinking sun roofs were the most pointless optional extra.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #24 on: 13 May 2009, 15:36 »
Im amazed they can charge that much for lights and people are actually paying it!!

I agree. The xenons are a €1550 option here in France and there was no way I could justify that kind of outlay just to look cool. I went for active chassis control and sunroof instead (for the same money).

Well done bud, and I suppose that is one way to look at it that you can get a few more extra's for the cost of the xenons. Enjoy :)

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #25 on: 13 May 2009, 15:44 »
and there was me thinking sun roofs were the most pointless optional extra.

They're pointless in the UK because it rains all the time, so you can never open them. Less of an issue here in France  :wink:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #26 on: 13 May 2009, 15:56 »
My sun roof has been used nearly everyday the last few weeks . . .

Offline Trickyboy

• Here all the time
  • MK5 GTi 3dr Reflex Silver
« Reply #27 on: 13 May 2009, 16:32 »
The lights look great to me, love the look of them, looks alot more aggressive imo.

Offline jdjd

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 13 May 2009, 16:43 »
Sunroof of pointless, Makes a real noise if u have it open above 45mph..... Also weakens shell.  Why have a sunroof if the car has an aircon unit?
 And its all about having something that little bit different, I imagen alot wont take the Xenons which will make mine that little bit more special.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #29 on: 13 May 2009, 16:45 »
Sunroof of pointless, Makes a real noise if u have it open above 45mph..... Also weakens shell.  Why have a sunroof if the car has an aircon unit?
 And its all about having something that little bit different, I imagen alot wont take the Xenons which will make mine that little bit more special.

I love the sunroof, lights the whole car up and lets the sun in. Just personal preference im guessing.