Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789503 times)

Offline jeffreyt

• Just got here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #940 on: 31 August 2015, 09:50 »
For those with alarm from factory, a small coding to activate the horn besides the normal siren when the alarm kicks in. I find this useful because TBF the standard siren's volume is quite low.
So:
1) open 9 Cent. Elect.
2) Adaptation
3) Select channel (7)-Anti-theft device-Akustischer Alarm Signalhorn
4) Set it to Active.

In addition to my previous post; This was posted by GeoBog. But in my case it didn't worked.. Saidfully..

Offline Robert79

• Just got here
« Reply #941 on: 01 September 2015, 18:50 »
Hi, i'm new to this forum today and has read all the 95 pages :-P My 2014 GTI are folding the mirrors automaticly with the remote contol, folding when locking an unfolding when unloicking :-) I'm from Norway so sorry about my English :-P

Got my GTI 2 June 2014

A video i made :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XilFVmB6ZIg

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #942 on: 01 September 2015, 19:22 »
Hi, i'm new to this forum today and has read all the 95 pages :-P My 2014 GTI are folding the mirrors automaticly with the remote contol, folding when locking an unfolding when unloicking :-) I'm from Norway so sorry about my English :-P

Got my GTI 2 June 2014

A video i made :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XilFVmB6ZIg
Velkommen Robert  :smiley:

I'm sure 99% of our British members would have far worse Norwegian than your English which is better than many of our English members write, me included!

Post up some pictures of your car in another thread as it looks like it has been modified nicely and looks very interesting :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JDJ23

• Just got here
« Reply #943 on: 10 September 2015, 02:34 »
Hi everybody, I'm also new around here! My car had service last week and it seems they updated something via VAGCOM, the TPMS is now able to show which tire is low on pressure (it wasn't able before the service). How does that system work on your cars?

I've also tried some codes I found on this thread, but a couple of them got rejected by the car. I guess it's something related to being a RoW spec car but built in Mexico. By the way, I found a way to reset the AFS level after getting springs installed. Got that done after installing VWR Springs and the range was almost back to the original.

Greetings from Colombia,
Juan
VW GTI MkVII 2015 - VW Tiguan 2.0T 6MT 2013

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #944 on: 10 September 2015, 07:47 »
It's always told you which tyre to check, at least it has in the UK. Can't recall any updates to this from VW.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #945 on: 10 September 2015, 07:54 »
hmm i dont know if mine does...? but it'll take a nail to find out so im not too bothered about testing that theory!
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #946 on: 10 September 2015, 08:03 »
Doesn't always tell you which tyre. Suppose it depends how much discrepancy is on rolling diameter.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #947 on: 10 September 2015, 08:22 »
hmm i dont know if mine does...? but it'll take a nail to find out so im not too bothered about testing that theory!

You could always let a little air out the valve.
In fact its probably something we should do from time to time to make sure the system still works as I know I just rely on it now.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #948 on: 10 September 2015, 12:50 »
Doesn't always tell you which tyre. Suppose it depends how much discrepancy is on rolling diameter.
Yes it does.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #949 on: 10 September 2015, 17:04 »
No it does not always. It will tell you if there is a genuine loss of pressure, but if it is down to temperate and wear it will give you a generic 'check tyre pressure' warning. Seen both a few times on my car.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles