Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789427 times)

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #190 on: 04 December 2013, 22:33 »
Hi,

someone from the HK VW forum posted 2 photos showing "Fault Start-Stop" on Infortainment and MFD! 
According to the driver, he uses the functon when he hits traffic jam (believing SS will save a bit of juice) and switching it off other times. He is a daily driver ...... HK has a very similar traffic as London and other big cities around the globe.

what i am trying to say is ..... it would be great to have such function disabled permanently (via VCDS if possible). Otherwise, there will be more reported cases coming.

Been trying to post the pics onto here..... but fruitless...! Bxgger!  :sick:

Offline anilberke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #191 on: 04 December 2013, 22:44 »
can you translate these please?

used google trasnlator.

Channel (1) - Select Number of operations front windshield wipers wash per SRA activation

Channel (3) - Select windscreen wipers SRA washing time

Offline anilberke

• Not said much yet
« Reply #192 on: 04 December 2013, 22:48 »
Hi,

someone from the HK VW forum posted 2 photos showing "Fault Start-Stop" on Infortainment and MFD! 
According to the driver, he uses the functon when he hits traffic jam (believing SS will save a bit of juice) and switching it off other times. He is a daily driver ...... HK has a very similar traffic as London and other big cities around the globe.

what i am trying to say is ..... it would be great to have such function disabled permanently (via VCDS if possible). Otherwise, there will be more reported cases coming.

Been trying to post the pics onto here..... but fruitless...! Bxgger!  :sick:

only solution I know costs 30 £

http://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/diagnostic-tools/kufatec-diagnostic-coding-dongle/coding-interface-disable-start-stop-mqb

Offline johnford60

• GTI forum regular
  • MK7 GTD 3 Door
« Reply #193 on: 05 December 2013, 15:42 »
Ive looked again today!... Still can't see it in the list!
John

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #194 on: 07 December 2013, 12:34 »
Hi,

A friend of mine retro-fitted a MK7 climatronic A/C panel onto his Tiguan, and he managed to activate "staging" after installation.

I couldn't find this feature in nether adaptation nor long coding of HVAC .......

anyone has any idea?  :angry:
« Last Edit: 07 December 2013, 12:37 by VW_rabbiter »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #195 on: 07 December 2013, 17:37 »
staging or needle sweep has got nothing to do with HVAC.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #196 on: 07 December 2013, 21:59 »
staging or needle sweep has got nothing to do with HVAC.

A brazilian chap posted onto the Down-under V-dub site ........
http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?17399-MK7-Climatronic...anyone-fitted-it-to-a-Mk6/page7 of post 68

perhaps, I should have said "Auto HVAC" controller....... ignition on, LEDs on the A/C panel lite

S0, it does .... cos I have seen it on my mate's Tiguan (surely, I am aware "needle sweep" has got nothing to do with the A/C panel).
 :smiley:
« Last Edit: 07 December 2013, 22:01 by VW_rabbiter »

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #197 on: 08 December 2013, 09:31 »
Hi,

A friend of mine retro-fitted a MK7 climatronic A/C panel onto his Tiguan, and he managed to activate "staging" after installation.

I couldn't find this feature in nether adaptation nor long coding of HVAC .......

anyone has any idea?  :angry:
in your original post you said he replaced the climatronic a/c panel and then miraculously managed to enable staging. the two are not connected in any way. staging is taken from the version and part no of the speedo clocks and nothing else. his clocks must have been able to have staging anyway. SO you are incorrect unfortunately.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #198 on: 08 December 2013, 18:21 »
hmmm i changed it so fog's come on as leaving/coming home lights... ended up with no leaving/coming home lights, will fix this week, doh!!!
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #199 on: 09 December 2013, 13:07 »
Hmmm a quick update on the above, went out last night to rectify, and sure enough the fogs did pop on once on unlock (it seems if you repeat try straight away they don't come back on?), but not on lock. It seems intermittent. Will have to try again tonight to double check, but think i prefer the main lights on. Worth trying though!

update - lights must be on A - 'Automatic' for the coming home / leaving lights to work when Foggies are selected. Not sure if this is the case normally :) (As didn't check before i made the change)
« Last Edit: 09 December 2013, 17:56 by noobmonkey »
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White