Author Topic: madmanluke's supercharged mk2 VR  (Read 148482 times)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
Re: madmanluke's mk2 VR
« Reply #290 on: 02 June 2011, 10:47 »
issue being I cant remember if it was like that when I took it off, ive only noticed since i put it back on. I would have thought it would need to be tought at the top? The engine hasnt been turned over since it came out the car working, so nothing should have moved...

i just want to make sure thats fine before i rebuild the whole thing to just find out that its going to implode on the start...

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #291 on: 02 June 2011, 11:18 »
issue being I cant remember if it was like that when I took it off, ive only noticed since i put it back on. I would have thought it would need to be tought at the top? The engine hasnt been turned over since it came out the car working, so nothing should have moved...

i just want to make sure thats fine before i rebuild the whole thing to just find out that its going to implode on the start...

The valve springs are fooking strong. If you say change the belt on a 8v the cam pretty much 'snaps' out of tdc, this is all that has happened with you im pretty sure

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #292 on: 09 June 2011, 19:22 »
i may have done a bit (a big) of a bad thing.... As such, i have my momo team and boss, JL sub, amplifiers all for sale. Once my engine is painted and built again - the engine with fully extended loom/tucked loom, de-coded ecu gearbox, magnacor leads, r23 sump and pick up. My whole engine set up  will be for sale. I also have a spare front a rear wide track subframe to make 90% of a conversion kit up for any one that is interested.

Let me know if anyone is interested.  I can also fit the engine for a fee dependant on location/times etc etc.
« Last Edit: 09 June 2011, 19:26 by madmanluke »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #293 on: 09 June 2011, 19:34 »
What's going in its place?

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #294 on: 09 June 2011, 20:08 »
 :lipsrsealed: :grin:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #295 on: 09 June 2011, 20:43 »
I believe the tensioner is hydraulic so when it runs it will pump up. :smiley:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #296 on: 10 June 2011, 00:24 »
what are your prices mate ?? pm me prices via pm if you want
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #297 on: 10 June 2011, 01:47 »
I have no problem putting it here.
I think £550 firm for just the engine is fair. Its obviously going to have fresh paint, raceland 6 branch, magnacor leads, r32 sump and pickup, new coil pack, it will have new seals for everything going back onto the engine during the rebuild, de-imobalised ECU, extended loom, vacuum pipes etc etc and i can include a front and rear wide track sub frame for that. I can include some resistors to get the engine working on mk2 clocks also as obviously guides and help to put it in. The engine has now only covered aprox 85K.

There are bits that i will need to keep, so if this were to be dropped into another mk2 there will be a couple of other bits you will need to source, but I can list everything specifically you would need to source to complete the job.

I will put up a propper for sale thread as soon as I have confirmed my end as to what is happening.

Like I said above, if this does sell, I can offer up an installation service (could probably whack it out and get it running in a long weekend provided everything is to hand) for a fee if thats what someone would like.

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #298 on: 10 June 2011, 01:54 »
And wayne thanks for that heads up , you may have just saved me tonnes of grief. Ive asked so many people to confirm what the problem is here (if there even is one!) and no two people can give me the same answer. Once I get time to get back on the engine to finish painting (probably monday eve) the chain covers will be coming off again for paint so I can check out whats going on then.

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #299 on: 10 June 2011, 09:43 »
That's a bargain price right there! Good luck with getting rid. I hope for the love of God you say R32  :lipsrsealed: :grin: :cool: