Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627419 times)

Offline fentshire

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1000 on: 24 October 2013, 22:28 »

Sat at my desk in Vienna, Austria praying my GTI is still in one piece. As it has been parked in the Long Stay Car Park at Gatwick for over three weeks. And I fly back to blighty on Wednesday night and hope it starts first time!
it will start it's just the door dents that would worry me  :embarrassed:

Got back to GTI at Gatwick late last night. So pleased there were no door dents, started first time. Then a hearty midnight drive round the M25 and up the M40, back home 

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1001 on: 25 October 2013, 06:44 »
Took it to test drive a few replacements, think it might be getting swapped for a seat leon fr+ diesel
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1002 on: 25 October 2013, 18:57 »

Sat at my desk in Vienna, Austria praying my GTI is still in one piece. As it has been parked in the Long Stay Car Park at Gatwick for over three weeks. And I fly back to blighty on Wednesday night and hope it starts first time!
it will start it's just the door dents that would worry me  :embarrassed:

Got back to GTI at Gatwick late last night. So pleased there were no door dents, started first time. Then a hearty midnight drive round the M25 and up the M40, back home
glad to hear no damage  :cool:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1003 on: 26 October 2013, 07:24 »
Took it to test drive a few replacements, think it might be getting swapped for a seat leon fr+ diesel

I had a Leon FR diesel for 18 months and 60k miles, was a really great car to drive :cool:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1004 on: 26 October 2013, 15:29 »

I had a Leon FR diesel for 18 months and 60k miles, was a really great car to drive :cool:

That's good, did you have any problems with it?
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads

Jules Winfield

« Reply #1005 on: 26 October 2013, 17:59 »
Summer tyres taken off and cleaned with Bilberry and a hose, dried and put in the shed until next year.
Winter tyres put on.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #1006 on: 26 October 2013, 19:17 »
Winter tyres on already? Where abouts are you? Mine are ready to bolt onto my Passat, but the temperature is still well into the teens.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Jules Winfield

« Reply #1007 on: 26 October 2013, 21:12 »
West Midlands.  I always change around this time of year.  More often that not, it's wet, miserable, windy and unpleasant.  However, it was dry this morning when I got up and when I was cleaning my summer set later on so I didn't get wet.  It's out of the way now and I don't have to think about tyres and wheels again until spring.

Yes, temperatures are above 7.5 degrees, but I haven't found that my winter tyres (Continental TS830P) have worn that much over the three years I've had the car - still got plenty of tread left.

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #1008 on: 27 October 2013, 07:20 »
Hit a rock in the road  :cry: ( bit smaller than a rugby ball )
I had no we're else to go as there was a push bike on the inside, a car coming in the opposite direction, and a car behind me so I couldn't anchor on,
The safest thing to do was to swerve slightly and let it go under the car, rather than try and run over it with the wheel !!!
As it went under the car there was an almighty bang and it lifted the car, looked through my mirror and it fired out the back and bounced into the kerb edge, my 1st thoughts were sh!t there goes my sump and possibly more  :cry:
Immediately pulled over expecting oil to be oozing all over, but to my surprise I couldn't see any damage ? 
Took it to the garage who looks after my car for further investigation, and to my luck and surprise I came out unscathed apart from a scraped undertray  :shocked:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #1009 on: 27 October 2013, 07:45 »
Close call Neil, very lucky escape.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect