Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626884 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #230 on: 09 April 2013, 08:05 »
Pity about the polish residue on the bumper insert above the tail pipes  :grin:

It looks really well. You can't beat a nice shiny red car.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline MBCGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #231 on: 09 April 2013, 10:48 »
Fitted this getting ready for a remap in a month or two, got to say it was very easy to fit, cant beleive the size of the old airbox and the weight as well.

Has anyone else fitted something similar?  Im now wondering whether to just get something to cover the gap as it looks all horrible, apologies for not cleaning it all up, gotta head to work.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #232 on: 09 April 2013, 13:22 »
i like others have been a bit preoccupied with an ill father in law and plenty of 250 mile round trips to Kent so thoughts go out to those with family issues and congrats on the new arrival, I am glad its now March

the mk5 and mk6 have been getting an absolute caning over the last month so have been treated to some talc this weekend so, wheels are now growing on me lol:

also stuck on the Edition 35 to the engine cover with much thanks to Phil aka Murrayedition35

Sweet ride  :cool: Andy, liking the engine work and yes Phil is a top fella...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #233 on: 09 April 2013, 13:28 »
@ ajmoir36 - loving your work  :cool:

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #234 on: 09 April 2013, 20:30 »
Pity about the polish residue on the bumper insert above the tail pipes  :grin:

That's actually the sky and a hedge row the shine is that good. I went to check after seeing it aswell.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #235 on: 09 April 2013, 20:32 »
@ ajmoir36 - loving your work  :cool:

Thanks
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #236 on: 09 April 2013, 20:36 »
Pity about the polish residue on the bumper insert above the tail pipes  ;D

That's actually the sky and a hedge row the shine is that good. I went to check after seeing it aswell.

Think he means on the black diffuser mate?

Looking good though. 8)
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #237 on: 09 April 2013, 20:44 »

Looking good though. 8)

Hands up! Well spotted.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #238 on: 09 April 2013, 20:49 »

Looking good though. 8)

Hands up! Well spotted.
i need to get my eyes tested I couldn't see anything and I looked for ages taught he's taking the pish :nerd:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #239 on: 09 April 2013, 21:09 »
this polish (I need some of that detailer blue tape).