Author Topic: Fastest milk cart in the west  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
Fastest milk cart in the west
« on: 04 October 2015, 16:54 »
So I know you'll be thinking "what's that doing on here" but with Becs permission I thought I'd share some images of my new milk float:-

So ok not quite but close:-

Not much detailing done this weekend but it will be getting the usual treatment by the end of the month.

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
Re: Fastest milk cart in the west
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2015, 17:29 »
WOW! I think the i8 is a stunning piece of design and that just looks incredible!

Don't care it's not a Golf or even VAG, we need more pics of this beast Neil!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2015, 17:33 »
Cheers Dan, I've done the inside just cos dealers always do a rubbish job of glass etc. And a quick APC over the trim.

Plan is next Friday get it cleaned and in the garage, the roof could do with a light pass over with the DA and then a couple of layers of Swissvax.

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2015, 18:47 »
Neil, what can I say other than to add to seabrook's wow? So, WOW!!

I love the i8, I think in design terms it is a huge leap forward but whereas cars in the past (like the Sierra, XJS) that did the same, they weren't appreciated for years whereas the i8 looked magnificent from day one. I think BMW were brave, shame VW/Audi can't be so bold.

I'm not jealous at all :whistle:

Possibly not particularly high on your list of priorities but it'd be interesting to see it's real world economy compared to the testing data.

But bu**er that, what does it drive like?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 04 October 2015, 19:23 »
Following this with interest, looks class Neil. Can't wait to see more pics.

Will you do a bit of a write up in a few weeks?

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 04 October 2015, 20:42 »
So I know you'll be thinking "what's that doing on here" but with Becs permission I thought I'd share some images of my new milk float:-

So ok not quite but close:-

Not much detailing done this weekend but it will be getting the usual treatment by the end of the month.

Oi! Ernie! What's this doing in here! :laugh:

Only joking.

Beautiful, beautiful Neil.  :cool:  Stupid question, but are you pleased with it?  Can't wait to see more of the i8 once the detailing has begun!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2015, 13:03 »
Thanks All

First impressions:-

Not as quick in terms of kick down as the M4 but I'd imagine that the i8 would murder the M4 off the mark.
Great on fuel and the way that it switches between motors is flawless. MPG is around 40 at the moment but then I do drive a granny!

Oddities:-

If you have the seat all the way down and back the Head Up Display becomes impossible to see so I've disconnected that!  :laugh:
The comfort pack includes keyless functionality but to fold the mirrors in you have to press and hold the close button thus negating any keyless features?!?!?!

Sound:-

Awesome when under load and like a spaceship when driving slowly!

Summary:-

Totally amazing car and a real head turner. Getting in and out takes some getting used to and I think APC is going to my new best friend on the passengers side as the sills are huge to get over.

I'll post more pics etc when I give it the full WoWo treatment. The paint is pretty good so should be able to avoid a decontamination detail but the roof needs some love.

VW BUSH

« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2015, 18:16 »
Bet you cant steel it like a milk float and crash it into the playground behind the flats (I was 7 at the time) :whistle:
Awesome car I have a real liking for BMW sport coupes, my fav is the 80's 635CSi followed by my mates 850CSi (M8) so I am not jealous of you at all much. :grin:

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2015, 13:46 »
That's a very nice car Wo-wo or should that be woohoo  :laugh:

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2015, 15:55 »
That's a very nice car Wo-wo or should that be woohoo  :laugh:

Cheers, really happy with it! Got 87mpg the other day but cant imagine that will happen regularly!!!!!