Author Topic: Dodo Juice Supernatural - Wood  (Read 8722 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Dodo Juice Supernatural - Wood
« Reply #40 on: 27 October 2009, 13:33 »
yep... I said this before. preparation is key.

Kev bought a load of dodo products including lime prime so he'll be alright... just a little tired after using it all!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence guy. I am hoping that the dodo stuff will be forgiving to me.

I'll need to read up on the claying, polishing and waxing on exactly how to apply etc.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #41 on: 05 November 2009, 07:28 »
Hey there Kev

Last weekend I applied Supernatural (only one coat) to my Ford Bantam which is white in colour.

The car already has 2 coats of Collonite on it. I found that after adding the Supernatural the car seemed to be slightly more glossy but at the same time more wet. But for the price I honestly expected so much more.  :cry:

What I like about the Supernatural is the beading... Its raining outside and the beading on SN is awesome compared to Collonite.

To be honest I wont buy SN again but I would apply it to the car anyway as I found it adds to the vehicles overall shine.

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #42 on: 05 November 2009, 09:26 »
Hey there Kev

Last weekend I applied Supernatural (only one coat) to my Ford Bantam which is white in colour.

The car already has 2 coats of Collonite on it. I found that after adding the Supernatural the car seemed to be slightly more glossy but at the same time more wet. But for the price I honestly expected so much more.  :cry:

What I like about the Supernatural is the beading... Its raining outside and the beading on SN is awesome compared to Collonite.

To be honest I wont buy SN again but I would apply it to the car anyway as I found it adds to the vehicles overall shine.

Mike

Hi Mike, I cant really compare the SN to anything else as thats all I have ever used. Its good to hear your thoughts on the SN though, I too was gonna try the Collonite but might do what you did and apply both. I still only have 1 coat of SN on my car because since last weekend of applying it, it has not stopped raining for longer than 5 mins all week. Now the car is getting dirty again, its a pain in the rear. The beading as you say really is good with the SN.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #43 on: 05 November 2009, 09:31 »
Hey there Kev

Mike

collinite is for protection and durability, dodojuice doesnt last long on the durabilty front but is good for show car use due to its gloss and wet look factors.

on mine and customers cars i do two layers of collinite 845 and then cap it off with a layer of purple haze :grin:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #44 on: 05 November 2009, 14:39 »
I have to disagree with the comment Dodo juice is only for show car use.

I use to own a Focus ST in the Electric Orange and only ever used Dodo Juice Orange Crush on it (unless I was testing different products on the odd panel). Anyway, I found durability to be a good 3 months, It would last longer but I always applied another layer of two before then.

I'm not arguing against the Collinite, there aren't many waxes that can compete with it for durability.

Different people get on with different products and I suppose thats the whole fun of detailing.
« Last Edit: 05 November 2009, 14:41 by waxamomo »

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #45 on: 05 November 2009, 17:05 »
I have to disagree with the comment Dodo juice is only for show car use.

I use to own a Focus ST in the Electric Orange and only ever used Dodo Juice Orange Crush on it (unless I was testing different products on the odd panel). Anyway, I found durability to be a good 3 months, It would last longer but I always applied another layer of two before then.

I'm not arguing against the Collinite, there aren't many waxes that can compete with it for durability.

Different people get on with different products and I suppose thats the whole fun of detailing.

fair play!! ive got a jar of orange crush on reserve atm, dont get me wrong i love the dodojuice range waxs etc, but like you say it cant compete with the durabilty of collinite, protection is our main goel in detailing.

totally agree with you that different people get on with different products :smiley: ive been using the same products for a long time now :embarassed: and its only been the last 2/3years that ive tryed new products but my method is still the same :smug:
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #46 on: 02 December 2009, 14:59 »
Got myself a panel pot (which is enough to do the whole car 3x i reckon) of supernatural. Finally got a long enough break in the weather to give it a whirl today. Only one layer as theres now workmen shredding old hedges down the road, and my car looks as if its been to a timber yard :cry: But I was pretty impressed (car was given the full treatment last week ending with collonite insulator wax, so the base was good).

Think I'll be investing in a full size pot in the near future!
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)