Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789776 times)

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #790 on: 24 March 2015, 10:01 »
Whilst we seem to have some more VCDS experts on board (yes GeoBog and dv52 I'm talking about you  :grin:), there are 4 nice to haves that would be really great if they could be coded (not sure they can but worth asking). I have asked about some of these before, but you never know ?

Sootchucker: Thanks for the kind- words, but alas I fear that your description is a great deal more than overly-generous! I've only been playing with Mr Ross's cable for a short while,  so I'm very much a novice compared to the real VCDS Guru's here.  I suspect that you will have to rely on the talents of Geobob  (whose reputation has reached even our far-flung southerly shores) to tackle your pet-tweaks! Doubtless we will both learn together.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2015, 10:06 by dv52 »
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #791 on: 24 March 2015, 13:00 »
Well then Geobog - no pressure then  :laugh: :laugh:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #792 on: 24 March 2015, 13:13 »
There used to be option to either have the hazards or the fast flashy brake light type for emergency braking. Not sure if its the same on the mk7

There is a channel I came across that translates into emergency brake lights. I can't remember the german text but I'll post it later when I get a chance.

Found it. It's labelled (1)-Assistance light functions-Notbremsanzeige NBA.

LE: cheers for the kind words but I am affraid I am far from calling myself an "expert" Just bought the RT cable last month and been playing with it for a short time. Maybe because I work in IT-software makes me more curious in finding different VCDS tweaks.

In other words, has anyone got a clue what the labels for the WWS module bits are? Or if somebody has the VCDS label file for this module, would be appreciated if you could share.

If not, I'll raise this with Ross Tech, maybe they can create a label file for this module.
« Last Edit: 24 March 2015, 22:41 by GeoBog »
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline dv52

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #793 on: 25 March 2015, 13:54 »
Geobog: I don't have a label file for the slave module in your pic, but I believe that it is the control module for the front wiper.
103TSI Highline ROW (my13)

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #794 on: 25 March 2015, 18:01 »
DV52 you are correct, that is why I asked  :grin:. I am still struggling to get the tear wipe working because activating the adaptation channels had no effect on my car. I have read somewhere on the Skoda forum that it might require additional coding on that WWS module by activating one of the bits.

Another short feature that was bugging me for a while and that I have managed to activate today is folding in mirrors on re-locking. This channel needs activated: (39)-Access control 2-Spiegelanklappen_bei_Wiederverriegelung

@Sootchucker, regarding your BT query, I had a quick look today at the BT module but none of the coding bits are labeled so not sure what each of them does.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2015, 18:05 by GeoBog »
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #795 on: 25 March 2015, 19:34 »
Cheers pal. Out of interest, is the bluetooth unit a separate module or contained within the infotainment unit [5F] ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #796 on: 25 March 2015, 19:47 »
You can help Ross-Tech out by following the instructions and sending them a scan of modules that have no labels. http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Control_Module_Maps

I did for my infotainment unit and got a nice reply to say thanks for providing it.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #797 on: 25 March 2015, 19:52 »
Ive got one for you lads. On my Leon if you wanted to fold the mirrors in, you held the lock button, which I enjoyed as you dont always need to fold them and this constantly folding can't be good for them, they are making some painful noises sometimes. So I ask thee, can we change the golf to act like this, and for us keyless peeps, could we press the handle for a bit to act the same...?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #798 on: 25 March 2015, 20:28 »
I have to admit, I want it off as I use a garage, and so before I put it in the garage I turn the knob on the door, just as I get out I turn it back. If I want them in when I park somewhere else I just turn it before I open the drivers door. Before I drive off I just turn it again. (Simples). If I used the fob I would a) tear them off on the way into the garage or b) tear them off on the way out.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #799 on: 25 March 2015, 21:30 »
Cheers pal. Out of interest, is the bluetooth unit a separate module or contained within the infotainment unit [5F] ?

It is a slave module under 5F-Information Electr. See below an extract of my autoscan, it's the ABT_Std_Nav component.

Code: [Select]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794)       Labels: None
   Part No SW: 5G0 035 874     HW: 5G0 035 874
   Component: MU-S-ND-ER    040 0430 
   Serial number: V7F02205142647
   Coding: 02730001FF00000021111201000800001F0203060100010045
   Shop #: WSC 01357 011 00200
   ASAM Dataset: EV_MUStd4CPASE 002039
   ROD: EV_MUStd4CPASE_VW37.rod
   VCID: 67F3486D9EB9B419CF5-8032

Media Player Position 1:
   Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5G0 919 605 D    HW: 5G0 919 605 D
   Component: ABT_Std_Nav  H60 0030
   Serial number: VWZ8Z9PS401C9G     

Engine Control Module 2:
   Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 5G0 919 866 N    HW: -----------
   Component:  ECE 2014/15  --- 0040
   Serial number: --------------------

No fault code found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive got one for you lads. On my Leon if you wanted to fold the mirrors in, you held the lock button, which I enjoyed as you dont always need to fold them and this constantly folding can't be good for them, they are making some painful noises sometimes. So I ask thee, can we change the golf to act like this, and for us keyless peeps, could we press the handle for a bit to act the same...?

Graham, unfortunately the twits at VW have included the comfort options in the BCM 09 Cent. Electric module and the options are somewhat limited. On the older GTIs there was a separate comfort module with many options. I have a similar frustration as I know on the MK6 you could activate the windows to close automatically when you lock the car (without holding the button on the keyfob). This was possible by activating a bit on the Comfort module. Can't do that on the MK7...
« Last Edit: 25 March 2015, 21:35 by GeoBog »
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2