Author Topic: Delivery times on new GTI?!  (Read 7123 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Delivery times on new GTI?!
« on: 09 July 2009, 16:39 »
Hi all, first time poster, stumbled across this forum today!  Was just wondering what kind of delivery times you lot are getting on a new Mk 6?  I ordered mine first weekend in May and I've been told the earliest I'll get it is end Sep/1st week of Oct - are you guys experiencing the same loooooong delay?!  cheers in advance!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
Re: Delivery times on new GTI?!
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2009, 16:47 »
That seems a bit long, what spec did you order.  I ordered June 27 and expecting first week in Sept
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2009, 16:53 »
That does seem long.  I just ordered yesterday, and I was told maybe September.  The dealer I didn't order from was saying October, irrespective of the specs.

Rolfe.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2009, 16:54 »
That's what I thought, having to wait 5 months from date of order is killing me!

spec is:  5 dr, deep black pearl, leather seats, xenons, 18" monzas, RCD 510 with dynaudio, winter pack and luxury pack.  so nothing too mental - dunno why its taking so long!!  i think the dealer couldn't put through the order till 1st June as xenons weren't available as an option till then but still seems like a really long time to wait!  especially as i have sold my mk 5 gti and that goes end of this month so im left with the missus cr7ppy old car as she has just got a new one!!!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2009, 16:54 »
Mine was ordered 02 May and nobody really knows when it is coming now .. looking like August some time but it still does not have a build week. Which garage did you order from?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2009, 16:55 »
looks like i have been shafted somewhat then, i think i'll have to get the dealer to chase VW - cheers!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 July 2009, 16:56 »
its Wayside which is a VW dealership and they have a few dotted around so they should know what they are doing!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2009, 16:57 »
That's what I thought, having to wait 5 months from date of order is killing me!

spec is:  5 dr, deep black pearl, leather seats, xenons, 18" monzas, RCD 510 with dynaudio, winter pack and luxury pack.  so nothing too mental - dunno why its taking so long!!  i think the dealer couldn't put through the order till 1st June as xenons weren't available as an option till then but still seems like a really long time to wait!  especially as i have sold my mk 5 gti and that goes end of this month so im left with the missus cr7ppy old car as she has just got a new one!!!

It was 01May you could order xenon's as thats what i had to wait for until i ordered. Although it wouldn't surprise me if the Xenons are holding things up.

Im sure Simonpolly is getting xenon's on his and his is coming in the next 2 weeks though so maybe not.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 09 July 2009, 16:58 »
Yeah mine is through Verve and they have a few garages north of the border so i would have though it would be quickish with them too ... obviously not!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 09 July 2009, 17:01 »
looks like there is no ryhme or reason for the delay then if some of you are getting it early and some of you don't have a build date - is just frustrating as its not like i'm ordering an audi R10 or anything - then i would expect to have to wait!!!
Audi RS5 2018