Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653487 times)

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2230 on: 25 December 2014, 12:21 »
Today I will be doing the Christmas lunch out drive. The joys of having 5 doors the family can roll in and out when they are full...  :wink:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #2231 on: 28 December 2014, 19:35 »

As its covered in snow and ice outside I decided to play in the garage and give the car wheels a wheel off detail. Also cleaned and sealed the calipers and painted the disc centres with VHT paint.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2232 on: 29 December 2014, 17:41 »
Started it using jump leads this morning. It hasn't moved for nearly two weeks and with the cold weather, the battery has lost most of it's charge. I think at nearly 5 years old, a new battery might be in order.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2233 on: 29 December 2014, 18:07 »
still looking for a dealer who sells a milltek at a sensible price  :embarrassed:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2234 on: 29 December 2014, 19:44 »
Hit the OFF button on stupid electronic devices and took control in the snow  :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2235 on: 29 December 2014, 20:58 »
Hit the OFF button on stupid electronic devices and took control in the snow  :whistle:

No snow here atm, but I always switch off the ESP when it does snow, leaving it on makes the situation much worse imo.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2236 on: 30 December 2014, 19:14 »
Am I the only one on here that jumps every time the "PING" goes off when the temperature drops bellow 4 degrees, but I do like the little touch that it brightens up the OBC to let you know.

However I already know this because it was freezing when I got in the car ... :whistle:

Also just found out that my MPG is matching the 37.9 I was getting in my 2.0 TDI PD170 A3 ... i need to drive it harder!!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2237 on: 30 December 2014, 19:33 »
Am I the only one on here that jumps every time the "PING" goes off when the temperature drops bellow 4 degrees, but I do like the little touch that it brightens up the OBC to let you know.

However I already know this because it was freezing when I got in the car ... :whistle:

Also just found out that my MPG is matching the 37.9 I was getting in my 2.0 TDI PD170 A3 ... i need to drive it harder!!

Haha, no it nearly always makes me jump too, don't know why, cos as you say, you know it's bloody cold anyway  :grin:

But then I stick on the heated seats, forget all about it and revel in the spreading warmth, until it starts burning my arse.  Probably my imagination but the seats seem to be heating up a lot quicker than last year  :huh:  :cool:

37.9mpg!  Taking it steady then  :wink:  have you got snow?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2238 on: 30 December 2014, 19:39 »

But then I stick on the heated seats, forget all about it and revel in the spreading warmth, until it starts burning my arse.  Probably my imagination but the seats seem to be heating up a lot quicker than last year  :huh:  :cool:

As we get older, certain parts of us become less dense, thus conducting extreme temperatures far better than a more solid mass.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2239 on: 30 December 2014, 19:46 »

Haha, no it nearly always makes me jump too, don't know why, cos as you say, you know it's bloody cold anyway  :grin:

37.9mpg!  Taking it steady then  :wink:  have you got snow?

I'm not lucky enough to have heated seats, had them in the Company van, and as you say after a while they start to burn if you forget to turn them off, its a great trick to play on passengers though.

I have been going steady, no snow but 60mph single carriageways doing the christmas run rounds and no way to overtake, so cruise it was to make it easier.

Tomorrows task if it warms up is to wash the salt off!! and spend less time follow Jag F types listening to the tone with the windows down...  :whistle: