Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654567 times)

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1540 on: 27 May 2014, 10:40 »
Can these not be deactivated via VCDS like the Mk7 can?
Sadly the only way to deactivate the mk6/scirocco version is to physically disconnect it   :sad:
Carbon Grey ED35

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1541 on: 27 May 2014, 17:20 »
Washed and waxed it, then finally got round to unplugging the soundaktor....I can now hear my turbo and dsg farts properly!  :angry: :smiley:

I looked for mine but couldn't find it - Is it on the normal GTI or just 35's

Yeah it is fitted to the gti but not 100% from what year on tbh...

The speaker module is located underneath the passenger side wiper motor, it's a small round black unit with a 2 pin plug connector on the back right hand side (looking from the front of the engine)
I found it much easier to see and unplug the unit after removing the black bolt in firewall section (1 x m6 bolt and 1 x m6 nut to remove), 10 min job tops to unplug and tape the plug up etc  :smiley:

I checked there and couldnt see it, mine in a 2009 / 2010. Can you do a mini guide and point where the bolts is please.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #1542 on: 30 May 2014, 07:49 »
Been away for the last few weeks, looking forward to going for a drive, started the engine and with a horrible noise from under the bonnet, got out and checked to find a rabbit chilling under the bonnet eating my car... Anyone know best place to buy a new bonnet heat proof cover thing

Bad times. Same thing happened to the heat shield on my mk5. Although the hole wasn't hat big. Had a mouse living under the bonnet! Luckily my lease was up and the stealers didn't notice when I gave the car back :-)
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline LukeRhino

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1543 on: 30 May 2014, 08:56 »
I took part in an evening track session at Cadwell Park with Javelin Track Days last night,

It was wet/damp but dried up towards the end, plenty of well spec'd cars going round. Was a great night, this was my second time going round in my mk6 and this being the first time since my remap and exhaust and also the addition of some new wheels wrapped in toyo r888's and all I can say is WOW, what a difference they make!
Mk6 gti, REVO Stage 2, TBE, Filter, Wind Deflectors.

Offline cosmicremedy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1544 on: 31 May 2014, 02:43 »
Been away for the last few weeks, looking forward to going for a drive, started the engine and with a horrible noise from under the bonnet, got out and checked to find a rabbit chilling under the bonnet eating my car... Anyone know best place to buy a new bonnet heat proof cover thing

Bad times. Same thing happened to the heat shield on my mk5. Although the hole wasn't hat big. Had a mouse living under the bonnet! Luckily my lease was up and the stealers didn't notice when I gave the car back :-)

My insulation has gone all saggy at the back, priced up a new one at the stealers and they are about £80!  Holding off for now needless to say  :angry:

Offline Bow237

• Just got here
  • MK6 GTI Reflex Silver, 18 Monzas :)
« Reply #1545 on: 31 May 2014, 13:05 »
Drove it about 110 miles yesterday and managed to average about 44 mpg, not too shabby, not even trying to be conservative either.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #1546 on: 31 May 2014, 13:24 »
Found out both rear shocks have finally seized. So the choice to replace with OEM and continue on or time to do a full upgrade.

I hate it when every thing breaks in one week.  :cry:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1547 on: 01 June 2014, 15:25 »
Gave it a really thorough clean, inside and out.  Followed by liquid wax applied with the DA and finishing pad.

Anyone else noticed how flimsy the clips that hold the leather gear stick gaitor in place are?  Lately every time I clean it, the whole thing unclips.  I clip it back in but it doesn't seem to sit properly on one side and can see some of the staples round the edge.  :angry:  That's declining VW build quality for you or maybe I need to be less heavy handed with the microfibre!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #1548 on: 01 June 2014, 16:59 »
Girlfriend took some pics of the car. Not looking too bad considering it's not been cleaned  :tongue::

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1549 on: 01 June 2014, 17:43 »
Looks absolutely stunning Dan  :cool: 

Nice tree lined avenue, is that the driveway to your house  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11