Author Topic: Mountune Smartflash  (Read 1521 times)

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
Re: Mountune Smartflash
« Reply #10 on: 09 February 2024, 18:51 »
I bought the stage 1 version for my 2019 manual gti, once installed it really opens the car up but I have since reverted back to standard as my clutched started to slip. Once I get a better clutch fitted I shall reinstall it as it was a great drive

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2024, 19:00 »
I bought the stage 1 version for my 2019 manual gti, once installed it really opens the car up but I have since reverted back to standard as my clutched started to slip. Once I get a better clutch fitted I shall reinstall it as it was a great drive
No further slipping at stock power/torque?
It is a great benefit of this system!

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 09 February 2024, 19:05 »
It’s been ok back on stock power as it only done it a couple of times and I decided to revert back. Can’t wait to get a better clutch and get the extra power back

Offline fin45cs

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 09 February 2024, 20:03 »
Rowlers, i have to admit that i never adjusted any torque output through the handset. The handset had the map file, along with the TCU map upgrade, i was running a dsg gti. That made the gear changes a lot more snappy. No slip just bang on gear changes (when you wanted to change).unlike the mk8 :angry:
It was so easy to install, if you go for it, a little tip, the ignition needs to be on while installing, it needs to maintain 12volts through the process so i run a pair of jump leads from the wifes car on to mine. Takes around 30-40 mins. If i can remember!
The instructions that are on the handset are really easy to follow.
I only ever ran the car with the induction kit, as i did all the upgrade at the same time.

I know there are other maps available through different suppliers, Raceline,etc. As i said before, do as much research as poss. I can only comment on my personal experience with mountune.

Offline gfmr89

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 09 February 2024, 21:43 »

I take it that was with the low torque map as well?

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 09 February 2024, 22:54 »
I think the lowest torque setting it was ok