Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287660 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3120 on: 18 March 2012, 16:35 »
They're spending the same money though aren't they? Flights, camera crew, etc. They still have the same team apart from Ted and Martin and 2 new commentators alongside DC.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #3121 on: 18 March 2012, 16:39 »
They're spending the same money though aren't they? Flights, camera crew, etc. They still have the same team apart from Ted and Martin and 2 new commentators alongside DC.

Apart from they're paying something like 20million less to Bernie.

Nick

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3122 on: 18 March 2012, 16:50 »
More awake now, so will give my thoughts on Sky's effort.

If I knew how bad their pre race build up show would be, I would of stayed in bed until 5.55am. For instance , they have been going on all week about Brundle's trip to drive a Ferrari, advertised it daily on their shows ect.

So when it comes to that VT , how long is it? 5 minutes at most. He did over 40 laps on the day, we were lucky to see he do one. Completely pointless. They actually spent more time advertising the feature than the feature itself.

Now on to the Skypad..hmm..the reason of this is? Ant Davidson is wasted standing in there doing nothing all day and Georgie Thompson does nothing at all.

Had no problems with the race, as it is the world feed anyway, but Crofty is going to take a while to get used to.

Now this is my main complaint. For a channel that is dedicated to F1 and has no worries for overruns, like on the BBC, I was expecting a lot more after race. More interviews , more analysis , but nope, hardly any, so they could rush off to show us another repeat of F1 Legends.

So overall a 5/10 for me

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #3123 on: 18 March 2012, 19:38 »
I have to agree with a 5/10 for skys coverage, i only have it to watch the full racing.

Again agreet with Croft being too shouty, Brundle is a brilliant commentator and should be the number 1, i was annoyed when croft started the race off! He is a million times better than Legard thou!!!

The skypad seems a bit pointless (and it didnt work on every touch!) Georgie Thompson is the only decent thing about it  :drool:

My main complaint has to be the new presenter of the show, he isnt the right presenter for F1 and just seems like he doesnt know what he is talking about half the time! I hate how he interviews Brundle and Hill, Coulthard and Jake H.... were far better presenters! Hill is better than Jordan thou however he was still talking some sh!t about Mclaren and Mercades, speculation that was just rediculous!

Other big complaint is ADVERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know its uninterupted racing but as soon as the race finished they were ramming the Vauxhaul zafira and santander 123 account down my neck which was bloody annoying, i didnt watch the pre-race show but the pre-quali was poor, BBC done an overall better job i thought, not impressed. I like the idea of the F1 channel thou, they need to find a few more programs for it because F1 legend is a bit boring as 99% of people already know F1's history!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3124 on: 18 March 2012, 19:43 »
I'd love to see viewing figures for Sky's coverage and for the BBC's highlights program. Does anyone know when Sky's contract finishes? Is it just 1 year? I have a feeling BBC will snap it up again as soon as it can.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3125 on: 18 March 2012, 19:47 »
Just saw this on Jake's twitter.

Also, despite a busy afternoon of sport we had 1.6m watching qualifying on BBC Two, matching 2011's live qualifying ratings. Thanks guys x

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3126 on: 18 March 2012, 19:58 »
I'd love to see viewing figures for Sky's coverage and for the BBC's highlights program. Does anyone know when Sky's contract finishes? Is it just 1 year? I have a feeling BBC will snap it up again as soon as it can.

I should have the viewing figures some time tomorrow morning, mid afternoon.

As for the contract. They are sharing it now until 2018, but there is a lot of talk that BBC will not even bothering sending Jake and the guys out to the non live races next year, instead presenting it from a studio in London , saving more money.

So looks like we have to put up with Sky until 2018 and more than likely beyond

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3127 on: 18 March 2012, 21:49 »
I watched some of the extended highlights on BBC and I thought it was pretty decent, as in it had barely changed from the full live coverage they presented last season. You saw almost every lap of the race and every 'major' move/decision/battle. I won't be getting sky after seeing that sort of coverage. All I have to do is avoid the media until the replay.

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3128 on: 18 March 2012, 21:51 »
yep, avoided the news all day

watched it on the red button , more than enough  :cool:

as i normally just watched the start then put it on x2 speed unless i saw a good bit  :laugh:

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3129 on: 19 March 2012, 11:08 »
So viewing figures are in.

Is very good for Sky.

Sky F1
04:30 F1: Australian Grand Prix: Pre-Race: 267k (25.4%)
06:00 F1: Australian Grand Prix: Live: 874k (30.9%)
*peak at 7:35am with 1.02m (22.15%).

BBC One
14:00 F1: Australian Grand Prix Highlights: 2.73m (22.9%)
*5 minute peak: 3.28m (26.2%).

To get over 1.0m viewers at that time in the morning on Sky Sports is very huge. But in the big picture, the average of 2.73m viewers on BBC is actually the lowest average of a Australian GP for at least 3/4 years.