Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 437334 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1860 on: 12 January 2011, 19:48 »
Straighten the sills out and paint with waxoil or underseal, if you have no holes you should be fine.

Sounds like a plan. Had another look tonight and the only hole is a drain hole (so meant to be there) and otherwise there is minimal damage to the sills from poor jacking technique. Will be doing as you said Wayne :) :afro:

Picked up a steering rack boot today. Didn't get to fit it as the f**king a$$hole that I work with left his stupid piece-o-sh!t bimmer in the way, locked and he took the keys with him, so I couldn't get inside in the dry, flat, level ground with heat and lights :D

So plan is to do the sills and the rack boot on the evening I get back and drop it to the MOT station the following morning.

In other news, good news this is; its going into the bodyshop while I'm away! Stu talked the guy round, so he's going to get me two new wings and then hammer them out and spray them up. Then he'll tidy up the rear arches and spray them. I doubt they'll get round to flatting/polishing it, but I'll probs do that myself (before the 5th!).

Going to see him about a price in the morning and then drop the car to Stu, then I'm off to the Alps, woop woop!

:cool:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1861 on: 13 January 2011, 11:12 »
Sounds good mate, nothing like getting your car up to your own standards befrore showing it off!

Have fun on your holiday!

Oh btw what days are you staying at the Holiday Inn Express?

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1862 on: 13 January 2011, 11:33 »
watch out, rapist about!! :D ;)

have a good holiday mate, goona look bootiful soon!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1863 on: 13 January 2011, 11:36 »
watch out, rapist about!! :D ;)

have a good holiday mate, goona look bootiful soon!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

It's completely different to the holiday!  :grin: I meant in Portsmouth when the RR day is!  :grin:

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #1864 on: 13 January 2011, 12:15 »
i beleive ya... honest :D

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1865 on: 19 January 2011, 11:34 »
Sounds good mate, nothing like getting your car up to your own standards befrore showing it off!

Have fun on your holiday!

Holiday was good, had fun. Just need some bigger balls for better tricks :D

Probs stay in the gunwharf one, but nothing is booked yet.

OK, sh!tty news. Got back to find half a tank of fuel gone and NOTHING had been done to my car by the bodyshop. The fuel issue was Stu, the cheeky f**ker, "borrowing" the car.

The bodyshop got round to ordering new wings and that's it. So I took them and the car and going to get it done by a mate or myself tonight or tomorrow and get it back to the bodyshop for paint on friday and pick it up saturday.

MOT work tonight, so steering rack boot and nearside sill. MOT retest is tomorrow :)

If I find time, the wheels will be changing color on saturday.

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1866 on: 19 January 2011, 11:54 »
Wish i knew where you was getting the £ :( cant wait to see the arches done and looknig forward to a fresh colour on the wheels ;) still unsure on what to do the steelies when their banded, so tempted to go pink again but i'm thinking blue will look pretty fresh!

Not sure if i'm going to make it in feb :( too much work to do and too little £ got £120 tax to pay for at the end of this month on a car that does move :D

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1867 on: 19 January 2011, 12:26 »
Wish i knew where you was getting the £ :( cant wait to see the arches done and looknig forward to a fresh colour on the wheels ;) still unsure on what to do the steelies when their banded, so tempted to go pink again but i'm thinking blue will look pretty fresh!

Not sure if i'm going to make it in feb :( too much work to do and too little £ got £120 tax to pay for at the end of this month on a car that does move :D

Dan

Well I'm usually skint and I spend my money on nothing else. I'm better than I used to be, used to have bank charges like a muthaf**kin phone contract muthaf**ker!

I can't deal with the polish anymore, and I don't even like it when its shiny. Painted dish ftw. It's going to be a rattle can job again, but I'm going to add a twist to it, not 100% sure what yet, but it'll be different.

Bummer, would be great if you could make it, but money is a very valid excuse :D I'm trying to get more peeps to ride with me, pay for the fuel init :cool:

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #1868 on: 19 January 2011, 13:53 »

Dan

Well I'm usually skint and I spend my money on nothing else. I'm better than I used to be, used to have bank charges like a muthaf**kin phone contract muthaf**ker!

I can't deal with the polish anymore, and I don't even like it when its shiny. Painted dish ftw. It's going to be a rattle can job again, but I'm going to add a twist to it, not 100% sure what yet, but it'll be different.

Bummer, would be great if you could make it, but money is a very valid excuse :D I'm trying to get more peeps to ride with me, pay for the fuel init :cool:

:D same, -£1000 overdraft sucks ass! Too right, rattle can & painted lips ftw! I know dudeeeee, wish i could of made it need to get a read out of what it's running anyway :( but will probs see you at UD?

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1869 on: 19 January 2011, 14:00 »

Dan

:D same, -£1000 overdraft sucks ass! Too right, rattle can & painted lips ftw! I know dudeeeee, wish i could of made it need to get a read out of what it's running anyway :( but will probs see you at UD?

Dan

Will try and make it to UD, all depends on $$$ :D

What? What you expect me to say?? :D