Author Topic: Potential Swap and help needed.  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
Re: Potential Swap and help needed.
« Reply #10 on: 25 May 2023, 23:01 »
All mk8’s with factory 19’s have the little wing extenders, missing ones on a car with factory spec 19” wheels suggests the bumpers have been off at some point.
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2023, 06:29 »
They came back with the figures today and it’s £3k to swap my GTI in.
I’ve said I’ll make a decision when it comes in, in June. My only concern is they’ve said they will need to register it before registering it to me which I’m not sure as to why but I haven’t asked the question.
I need to try and see if any of the staff have any R’s as demo cars to take one for a spin.
I do really love this GTI and when she’s clean she is very pretty but I know I’d love the sound more on the R 😂.
If it had been in blue or white I don’t think I’d have questioned it.

They might need to register it while it's in transit before it is likely to arrive in the UK, to meet a sales target for some big bonus milestone?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 May 2023, 08:36 »
I’ve been looking with this GTI with it being a 23 plate I’ve not had any issues at all unlike my GTD.
But I think it’s because it is the 2023 model, I love how they’ve added the wing protectors on them now too, it finishes it off. 

All mk8’s with factory 19’s have the little wing extenders, missing ones on a car with factory spec 19” wheels suggests the bumpers have been off at some point.

Some owners take off those little wheel arch lip spoilers as they don’t like them. There’ve been members on other forums who’ve removed them without having to take the bumpers off first, so if they’re missing it doesn’t necessarily mean the bumpers have been off.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2023, 12:44 »
They came back with the figures today and it’s £3k to swap my GTI in.
I’ve said I’ll make a decision when it comes in, in June. My only concern is they’ve said they will need to register it before registering it to me which I’m not sure as to why but I haven’t asked the question.
I need to try and see if any of the staff have any R’s as demo cars to take one for a spin.
I do really love this GTI and when she’s clean she is very pretty but I know I’d love the sound more on the R 😂.
If it had been in blue or white I don’t think I’d have questioned it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D7AnoagDv8Qo&ved=2ahUKEwig9bW085L_AhWBRUEAHVXPDtQQz40FegQIMRAH&usg=AOvVaw3LBbM-SLXhHppkAn7uel23
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2023, 20:44 »

Some owners take off those little wheel arch lip spoilers as they don’t like them. There’ve been members on other forums who’ve removed them without having to take the bumpers off first, so if they’re missing it doesn’t necessarily mean the bumpers have been off.

If my car had had them fitted from the factory they’d have been promptly removed.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2023, 05:44 »
I’ve been looking with this GTI with it being a 23 plate I’ve not had any issues at all unlike my GTD.
But I think it’s because it is the 2023 model, I love how they’ve added the wing protectors on them now too, it finishes it off. 

Very true, I was thinking more along the lines that just two were missing, most likely being the front ones, this would certainly indicate a front bumper removal had occurred, but yes, removal of them doesn’t necessarily mean the bumper has been off, but it would prompt me to look a bit closer if it were I car I was looking to purchase.
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU