Author Topic: Battery check.  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Battery check.
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2021, 22:09 »
I've got the Halfords AGM battery in mine. So far so good. I believe it's actually made by Yuasa and it has a 5 year warranty 👍

If you're going to fit it yourself the Bosch AGM battery also has a 5 year warranty and is another good option.
7.5 GTD

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2021, 09:09 »
May be worth trying an intelligent battery charger as most have a repair function that is supposed to desulphate the plates and restore some of the charge capability. At about 40 pounds seem quite reasonable.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2021, 14:58 »
May be worth trying an intelligent battery charger as most have a repair function that is supposed to desulphate the plates and restore some of the charge capability. At about 40 pounds seem quite reasonable.

I use a CTEK MXS-5.0 which has a reconditioning mode that I use maybe once a year.

This shows what it does in the various modes.

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2021, 21:43 »
So random question. When I hold the trip button below the speedo to check the battery level is says the StateOfCharge is 60% or 70%. What should the correct reading for a healthy battery be? (baring in mind I only really drive it on the weekends).
Thanks

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2021, 22:06 »
So random question. When I hold the trip button below the speedo to check the battery level is says the StateOfCharge is 60% or 70%. What should the correct reading for a healthy battery be? (baring in mind I only really drive it on the weekends).
Thanks

I'll try and remember to check mine and let you know.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #15 on: 29 May 2021, 11:17 »
Thanks

It should be 100%, I would get a charger if I were you. You're obviously not doing enough mileage to keep the battery full and therefore it will fail early like so many others.

Here's my battery SOC today.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1