Author Topic: Best place in Essex to have new clutch fitted  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
Best place in Essex to have new clutch fitted
« on: 18 April 2021, 18:02 »
Well yesterday my clutch decided to slip a small bit in 6th gear on the motorway and managed to replicate it today , the revs move/slip a couple of hundred revs while at 60 % throttle, I know this is not the way to drive these cars and should always change down but yesterday I was just sort of in dayz with sh*t on my mind and went to overtake that’s when it happened, it’s still kind of hard to replicate tho. Today I thought I would try it to see if I was imagining things, and I was watching the mfd to see if the gear number  symbol would flash or disappear, well I got it to do it again slightly ( hard to replicate) but  the number in the mfd didn’t flash or disappear.

Looking into a clutch change around Essex( not dealer) but not sure really where to start? Any help appreciated , thanks in advance
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline Datboireal

• Just got here
Re: Best place in Essex to have new clutch fitted
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2021, 15:09 »
I was recommended to Expert VW Audi in Waltham Cross by an aa mechanic when an injector on my mk6 golf went. I'd previously spent over £1000 on an injector at an authorised VW dealership. They had my car over a week. Expert VW Audi sorted my car in 2 days fix at a 1/3 of the price. Been taking my car(s) there and only there ever since!! Services, m.o.t and everything else V.A.G related  :smiley: Excellent service and they also have stamps for ur log book too. Would highly recommend!!
« Last Edit: 22 April 2021, 15:57 by Datboireal »

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2021, 07:55 »
Thanks for reply I may give them a shout and get a quote from them. Much appreciated
2017 gti dsg white silver, 3door, dcc , Brescia alloys, pro Nav dvd ,dynaudio, dcc . Rear tints

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2021, 08:33 »
I'm not from Essex, but needed a clutch change on an Audi A2 a few years ago. Through a similar recommendation, I ended up at VW Techniker, in Margaret Roding, CM6 1QT, call Robin on 01245 231300.
The premises are basically a fancy lock up, but the guy knew his stuff and you got to talk to the mechanic rather than a receptionist in a fancy showroom. Best price & service I could find.

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 25 April 2021, 15:44 »
I was recommended to Expert VW Audi in Waltham Cross by an aa mechanic when an injector on my mk6 golf went. I'd previously spent over £1000 on an injector at an authorised VW dealership. They had my car over a week. Expert VW Audi sorted my car in 2 days fix at a 1/3 of the price. Been taking my car(s) there and only there ever since!! Services, m.o.t and everything else V.A.G related  :smiley: Excellent service and they also have stamps for ur log book too. Would highly recommend!!

handy to know, i'm in w/cross, i know of them but not had to use for anything.....yet
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline Datboireal

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2021, 19:13 »

handy to know, i'm in w/cross, i know of them but not had to use for anything.....yet

Yeah checked them out! I take my GTD (loving your carbon steel grey 40th edition you got too! I've got the same colour! :laugh:) for services, m.o.t and any work that needs doing. On this car alone they've changed my pads & discs, had my water pump and timing belts changed plus all minor and major services. Choice of oe & oem parts too. Good competitive prices too!
« Last Edit: 26 April 2021, 19:17 by Datboireal »

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 27 April 2021, 19:26 »
I'm not from Essex, but needed a clutch change on an Audi A2 a few years ago. Through a similar recommendation, I ended up at VW Techniker, in Margaret Roding, CM6 1QT, call Robin on 01245 231300.
The premises are basically a fancy lock up, but the guy knew his stuff and you got to talk to the mechanic rather than a receptionist in a fancy showroom. Best price & service I could find.
thankyou I’ll be sure to call them and get a quote. Thankyou👍

Offline Mikeyd1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2021, 18:45 »
Well after some light slipping in 4th and after some ringing around and i have some prices,
Option 1
 vw Audi etc Chelmsford sach clutch flywheel and slave cylinder £1420 fitted, is this a uprated clutch or stock? I ask the the guy will it need a flywheel and he reckoned most of the time if the clutch has been slipping there will be burn marks so he reckons.
Option 2
Expertvolkswagonaudi, £800 for clutch and slave fitted, the guy reckons I should not need a flywheel but if I do it’s a extra £577.
Option 3
Vw Romford price is £1000 for clutch and slave fitted, will inspect the flywheel and if it needs replacing will cost a extra £880 . Just so u guys know I don’t expect to remap ,the 220 manual is enough for me , I don’t even hardly get to use wot much often but when I can I will.

Or do I get uprated clutch and if so where local and what clutch?

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 28 May 2021, 19:21 by Mikeyd1 »