Author Topic: Remap MK 7 GTi  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Gti.Ash

• Just got here
Remap MK 7 GTi
« on: 04 December 2019, 10:45 »
Last week I got my golf GTi (manual) remapped and since then my clutch has been slipping especially once it's on boost, I also had a EPC light and an engine management light come up on screen. The person who did the remap assured me the remap shouldn't require me to get a new clutch. But I have a feeling this extra power has something to do with it.

Do you think it would be worth me upgrading the clutch or reverting the car back to stock?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Remap MK 7 GTi
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2019, 18:00 »
Hi Ash, welcome to the forum :smiley:

You'd be far better posting this in the MK7 specific section http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=117.0 assuming yours is a MK7 where there'll be more footfall. There has been plenty of threads on this topic in the past so it may also be worth a search first. Mine is a manual and I've been interested in a remap in the past but clutch slip seems to be a common issue. I think the remaps take the torque too high for a standard clutch hence the slipage. Some seem to get away with it but since you are having the problem then clearly the choice is as you say, change the clutch or remove the remap.

I could also make another suggestion, have you tried a pedalbox? No extra power but it really sharpens up the throttle response to the point where you may find you don't need the remap. There's plenty of threads on them should you be interested -http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=278239.0

I use a pedalbox on mine and wouldn't be without it now! Opinions do vary so have a read through that thread and make your own mind up.

It might be worth your time adding the details of your car to your signature strip so people know exactly what you have and can tailor their responses. Enjoy :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.