Author Topic: Golf 8.5 - you saw it here first!  (Read 28332 times)

Offline Dogman12

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf 8.5 - you saw it here first!
« Reply #230 on: 24 January 2024, 19:19 »
FYI

Now the facelift of the compact athlete is in the starting blocks - and with it all previous problems are to be eliminated. But if you want to put the fresh GTI in front of the door, you still need some patience, because only from July will the compact athlete find his way to the dealer. (c) Autobild

Market launch is expected to be from July 2024, after which all derivatives of the facelift of Golf and Golf Variant will successively come to the dealers. (c) Bild

Does that mean it will only be available to order from July? Or will dealer stock hit the showroom from July?

No, orders open in Spring. However, all we are talking about is Germany. But I heard the same for Italy. Dealer stock in the showroom - July.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #231 on: 24 January 2024, 19:36 »
From top gear "VW assures us the GTI Clubsport, the Golf R and the Golf R Estate will also receive the facelift treatment later in 2024. "

In other words those won't be available until later this year... September would be my guess.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Dogman12

• Not said much yet
« Reply #232 on: 24 January 2024, 20:32 »
Yeah, I'm curious about how things are going to be. Many sources confirm that all the trims/engines that were presented today (incl. GTE, GTI) will be in dealer stock in July.

The question is. Can they show CS, R a bit later (March, April?), and then open orders for them so they can arrive at the same time in July?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #233 on: 24 January 2024, 21:00 »
They should do a side badge delete option to get rid of those utterly horrid door badges.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jon87

• Not said much yet
« Reply #234 on: 24 January 2024, 22:36 »
Here's one of the new colours for the mk8.5 - oyster silver metallic:
Video shows the colour on the Touareg
https://youtu.be/clD4-Fqd58A?si=fZa5LrZiIkCvKPRV

Was set on getting Dolphin Grey, but this oyster silver colour looks even better imo. A hint of grey added to it when compared to Reflex Silver.

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #235 on: 24 January 2024, 22:40 »
Side badges are easily removed:
1) Add some heat with a hairdryer to weaken the glue
2) Prise off with an old credit card so you don't scratch the paint underneath
3) Remove any leftover glue with surgical spirit

Job done!
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #236 on: 24 January 2024, 23:50 »
I agree Bill San; they need to come off.  I would consider adding a couple of Flitzers (side wing badges). There are plenty on eBay from around £20 but being overly critical I don’t see any that say GTI in the Mk8 font which is different from that on the 7.5, the G is different.  :whistle:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225973498557?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=J6rWrBs6Qqe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=3KSa6FY4TXi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
« Reply #237 on: 25 January 2024, 02:03 »
Is the GTD discontinued?
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline jon87

• Not said much yet

Offline Dogman12

• Not said much yet
« Reply #239 on: 25 January 2024, 05:48 »
Here's one of the new colours for the mk8.5 - oyster silver metallic:
Video shows the colour on the Touareg
https://youtu.be/clD4-Fqd58A?si=fZa5LrZiIkCvKPRV

Was set on getting Dolphin Grey, but this oyster silver colour looks even better imo. A hint of grey added to it when compared to Reflex Silver.
I'm having Dolphin Grey now. Probably one of the best grey colours I've ever seen, BUT (!) only when completely clean.  Otherwise, that's a regular grey color, unfortunately. Though if I was up for the 8.5, I would still consider buying a dolphin grey and clean it more often. haha.

This Oyster silver looks like Moonstone Grey but metallic. I'm not sure about that on a GTI.