Author Topic: Finally got my GTD.  (Read 3262 times)

Offline mas

• Just got here
Finally got my GTD.
« on: 05 January 2014, 16:12 »
Going to try and get some pics up soon.

Its a Carbon Grey 3dr GTD DSG. Got it on a business lease, and it finally turned up after around 8 months of waiting! First impressions are very good, I've always owned Minis since passing my test (still got my JCW GP in storage!), but I needed something a little more practical with my commutes getting longer. The GTD struck the balance of fun and performance, but a little more sensible than my other cars.

Looked at the usual BMW's, 330D was a real contender as there were some excellent deals popping up on them, but I'm still young'ish and not quite ready to jump up to a saloon. The build quality is exceptional on the Golf, the DSG is smooth and I like the little interior/exterior details... LED mirror downlighting, the interior trim lighting etc. Every car I have owned had leather, so I was a little worried about how I would get on with the cloth seats but they are surprisingly comfortable and very supportive. Don't miss leather.

The stereo is pretty good too, loses a bit of low down bass when travelling at speed but a little tweaking on the EQ and its pretty spot on for a non-upgraded unit. The optional Dynaudio must sound phenomenal.

Still trying to get the engine bedded in properly as its very tight, achieving 50mpg on a long run at 75-80 which is good for the time being.

I will try and get some pics up soon.

Sam

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
Re: Finally got my GTD.
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2014, 17:39 »
Sounds fab car and welcome Sam  :laugh:

Why such a crazy long wait? Its normally five or six months max for a GTD - in fact the waiting times seem to be reducing now - and with yours being via a lease company they usully have pre-booked slots so you can get it even faster. You must be very patient!

Offline mas

• Just got here
Re: Finally got my GTD.
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2014, 21:53 »
Well, it felt like 8 months! LOL.

I got it on a business lease, but direct through my local VW dealership. Outstanding car though, very impressed by it.