Author Topic: Do I expect too much from my dealer?  (Read 8851 times)

Offline matt2

• GTI forum regular
Re: Do I expect too much from my dealer?
« Reply #20 on: 06 December 2013, 09:24 »
Well, after being promised the quotes on Saturday, I heard nothing.

I sent a mail in Sunday asking that they be sent without fail on Monday. I heard nothing.

I sent a mail on Wednesday night pointing out how disappointed I was with the person I have been dealing with and asking whether the dealership wanted my repeat custom. I've heard nothing.

I'll give them until the end of the day and then I'll drop the dealer principal and the dealer an email asking for my money back.

As an add-on the the above, can anybody recommend a dealer in central Scotland?
Golf GTD Mk VII | DBP | DSG | Discover Nav

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 December 2013, 12:29 »
Why not try telephoning and hang on until you get to speak to someone in authority and tell them about this shoddy experience?

Offline mark@vorny.co.uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 06 December 2013, 13:18 »
Don't limit yourself to your locality.

Much can be done over the phone with a dealer miles away.

I have travelled for two recent purchases just to enjoy a decent dealership experience.

A car salesman once said to me that it was easy to excel at the job, purely because the vast majority of car salesmen are so rubbish. Lack of attention to the customers needs is a basic competency of any customer facing role.

2012 GTi 3 door, DSG, Nav, Roof, Monza's. Candy White..... and it's the wife's.
2013 Abarth 595, 2013 911 C4S.

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 December 2013, 13:24 »
Don't limit yourself to your locality.

Much can be done over the phone with a dealer miles away.

I have travelled for two recent purchases just to enjoy a decent dealership experience.

A car salesman once said to me that it was easy to excel at the job, purely because the vast majority of car salesmen are so rubbish. Lack of attention to the customers needs is a basic competency of any customer facing role.

Agreed, the general standard of car salesmen is quite shocking but then what do you do come service time if you don't like/trust the local dealership.

Given the poor standard of salesmen in this industry, there is an onus on us to do our research before we go out to buy so that when we come into contact with Mr(s) BS Salesman/Saleswoman, we can identify him/her and act accordingly...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 06 December 2013, 13:39 »
They don’t deserve your money – get your deposit back (they have no right to keep it, given that they have not yet placed your order), move on and take your business elsewhere.

They’ve played you from day one when they’ve taken a deposit from you and not even given you firm written financial details of an agreement it is expected that you will be entering into to finance your new car. That might actually be illegal as per the regulations attached to financial services, because they’ve actually taken a deposit without giving you a clear and written indication of the cost of goods and the cost of the finance (interest and other charges) over the term. Would you allow a double glazing salesman to do this to you?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mark@vorny.co.uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 06 December 2013, 13:48 »

Agreed, the general standard of car salesmen is quite shocking but then what do you do come service time if you don't like/trust the local dealership.

That's the challenge. I travel 100 miles to Leeds to get mine (non VW) serviced, and the dealer discounts to reflect the travel, although I combine it with business. That sort of service is rare, I have been very lucky.

2012 GTi 3 door, DSG, Nav, Roof, Monza's. Candy White..... and it's the wife's.
2013 Abarth 595, 2013 911 C4S.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 06 December 2013, 19:53 »
what do you do come service time if you don't like/trust the local dealership.
Maybe go to one of the hundreds of other VW dealers in the UK?

Offline matt2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 07 December 2013, 08:44 »
I've emailed the sales manager and dealership manager outlining the poor customer service received and asked for my deposit back.

Thanks all.

Offline Pinky 1959

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 07 December 2013, 18:31 »
If you don't get a reply by e mail try phoning them and become a pest until they get back to you .
If you are going to change dealers try Benfield in Dumfries ok not central but we have had 2 cars from them in the last 18 months (1 new my Tiguan 1 demonstrator /managers car wifes Golf gtd )and the service is first class

Offline matt2

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #29 on: 07 December 2013, 19:20 »
Well, all is sorted.

Service has suddenly become very attentive from a different sales person at the dealership and I've seen the finance figures and the part ex is OK, the new price is good and the mgfv is as expected.

Car is ordered :-)