Author Topic: Rattles and Creaks  (Read 2783 times)

Offline mike_f

• Not said much yet
Rattles and Creaks
« on: 28 November 2013, 15:17 »
Anyone else's car developed really annoying rattles and creaks?

I am up about 3000 miles and the noises coming from my car are really starting to bug me..

I have emptied everything out my car and it still persists...

Not too impressed with this one.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Rattles and Creaks
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2013, 15:29 »
I had an intermittent buzzy rattle at about 1600 rpm under very gentle acceleration. Not heard it since I reported it to the dealership (amongst other things) and they couldn’t find it. I get a loud buzz occasionally when I take the car to almost 4000 revs also, but I think that is my USB stick in the MDI port in the covered cubby hole that is in front of the gearstick. Other than that my Scirocco is pretty free of squeaks and rattles.

Creaks/rattles could be the shock top mount bearings (had those replaced under warranty – squeaky/creaky rattle. Could be worth getting checked out.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Rattles and Creaks
« Reply #2 on: 28 November 2013, 16:00 »
Thought I had one yesterday, turns out the wife had put change in the passengers underseat drawer that was buzzing. Removed and all is quiet again.

So far so good. Like MH, my Scirocco was commendably free of squeaks and rattles as well.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras