Author Topic: How to: Front door Speakers - VAG pocket adaptor part no  (Read 32794 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: How to: Front door Speakers - VAG pocket adaptor part no
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2010, 13:27 »
This thread has been really usefull for me.

I had bought some grilles a while back, bought some spare door pockets last week and just needed the screw for the speaker grille, and the speaker retaining nuts to make the job as oem as possible. I rang the dealer who told me the screws and nuts were no longer available, but when I gave him the part numbers, they turned up listed for something else.  :smiley:

Now if I fit 5 1/4" speakers in the doors, what do I put in the original dash top positions. Most of the tweeter I have found are surface mount, and I cant seem to find any adaptors. Any ideas anyone?

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 27 September 2010, 01:27 »
This thread has been really usefull for me.

I had bought some grilles a while back, bought some spare door pockets last week and just needed the screw for the speaker grille, and the speaker retaining nuts to make the job as oem as possible. I rang the dealer who told me the screws and nuts were no longer available, but when I gave him the part numbers, they turned up listed for something else.  :smiley:

Now if I fit 5 1/4" speakers in the doors, what do I put in the original dash top positions. Most of the tweeter I have found are surface mount, and I cant seem to find any adaptors. Any ideas anyone?

I am looking at upgrading my speakers in my golf. Nothing fancy. Are the speakers in the back (3dr) the same as the front doors? and also what can i replace the dash speakers with??

any ideas anyone?
Mk6 Gti - current daily
Mk3 16v Anni - retired daily now parked on 200,300 miles

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 08 May 2014, 17:34 »
The rear speakers are 6x4".

I fitted a cheapish set of 5.25" speakers in the front doors with tweeters and passive crossovers in the dash locations on some home made brackets. I replaced the rears with a set of dual cone Kenwoods.

For me it wasn't worth spending too much money as the front speakers are fixed to flimsy door cars and the rears too really small to give any decent sound. Mine are powered by a 20 year old radio cassette too. However they are a massive improvement over the original paper coned speakers that were virtually falling apart, it's a wonder they made any noise at all.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.