Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653358 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2590 on: 21 April 2015, 18:17 »
Careless idiots!  Looks awful.  Will some of it polish out?  Or smart repair for the damage along the crease?

Yeah some of its polished out but will need paintwork to sort properly. Guess I'll have to get some quotes :undecided:

I had something similar when someone went into mine couple of years ago but they also put a small dent right on the crease too and damage to front fog light.  Had to get the it painted and blended into adjacent panels.  Bodyshop did a top job though. Went through insurance in the end, but as you say, very annoying and a hassle.  Hope it's not too pricy to sort.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline andygo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2591 on: 21 April 2015, 20:42 »
It's one of the reasons I park away from other cars as much as poss. If I have to park in a paint marked 'bay' I do it as diagonally as possible whilst not overhanging the lines. Makes your car look a lot trickier to park next to and also has the doors further from the bay lines.

Seems to work well for me as generally get no 'neighbours' as it's easier for them to find another space...

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2592 on: 21 April 2015, 22:48 »
Somebody hit my wife's car with there door. It looked like they gave it a right bang. I was annoyed for a few days after finding it so I can imagine how your feeling  :evil:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2593 on: 22 April 2015, 21:57 »
Fitted my bargain RNS510 DAB :)
The seller listed it as a RNS510 Rev C not realising it is a DAB version.  Cheeky offer of £390 which was accepted and i collected this evening. :laugh:
2016 Mk7 Golf GTD 180(ish) Reflex Silver with loads of stuff

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2594 on: 22 April 2015, 22:03 »
Car got its last service before I give it back in a few weeks time and collect my Mk7 Gti. Rattle now coming from my dash. Could this be where they fitted a new pollen filter perhaps?

Front discs and pads 90% worn, rears 85%. Air con due service. Brake fluid due a change. Parking sensors don't work nor does phone charger. Let's hope she holds out a few more weeks!  :whistle:
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2595 on: 23 April 2015, 08:18 »
The seller listed it as a RNS510 Rev C not realising it is a DAB version.  Cheeky offer of £390 which was accepted and i collected this evening. :laugh:
/IMG_3529%201_zpsvaeqh0th.jpg[/img]

That was a result. I know someone that paid £700 for one recently.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2596 on: 23 April 2015, 08:51 »
/IMG_3529%201_zpsvaeqh0th.jpg[/img]

That was a result. I know someone that paid £700 for one recently.

I dont think i would buy one again, too easy to steal. I had mine lifted at 4pm in the afternoon in an open cinema car park in Leeds. Apparently the CCTV showed them in and out in less than 30 seconds. They are just too easy to steal. I hope it doesnt happen to you.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2597 on: 23 April 2015, 09:22 »
All I'll say is, if they get mine out they are welcome to keep it :)

Offline AntGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2598 on: 03 May 2015, 13:46 »
Life is getting in the way of spending on the Golf but I did managed to give it a clean out today, replace the cabin filter and front wiper blades. All needed doing. Tomorrow, hopefully I'll some spare time to give it a wash.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2599 on: 04 May 2015, 16:57 »
Was just heading out for a ride on my mtb and my bike was leant up against a sign by my car. Cue sharp gust of wind and bike falls in to car. Nice little dent in offside rear door caused by handlebar :-( Sod's law seeing as I pick up my new car in a months time.

I've asked for a quote from chips away. Has anyone had experience of these guys and does anyone know how much a small dent repair might cost?
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's