Author Topic: XENONS - Q & A retrofitting & functionality  (Read 212255 times)

Offline mike.

• I live here
Thanks Steve, got the self levelers and AFS working now so really pleased.

I tried your AFS code but it started looking for an ACC controller, got another one of the web for a MK6 without ACC (1446940) and that sorted it. Just need to check with countrytruckers car sometime as he has the same setup as me.

Have to wait until it is dark now and go drive down a windy lane  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 19 March 2011, 14:42 by mike. »
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline mike.

• I live here
For anyone else doing this on an originally Halogen equipped car without ACC, these are the parts I used.  :smiley:

I had to modify the Kufatec loom for the autolevelers quite a bit as the lengths were wrong for where I wanted to place the AFS controller.
Also the CAN feeds to the headlights were not twisted pairs so I rewired those as well.

The hardest part was getting to the CAN controller and getting wires connected to the CANH and CANL pins.
« Last Edit: 05 April 2011, 22:23 by mike. »
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
nice work  :wink:

Total cost?

Offline KIX

• Not said much yet
Finally I got mine  working after putting bit 5 on byte 18 .... after tons of trial and error...

BTW I have one extra  pair of Xenon  with leds

Offline mike.

• I live here
nice work  :wink:

Total cost?

All in, I have probably spent about £1250-£1300 for a full OEM set-up with AFS and auto-levellers.
I managed to get good discount from the dealer, after a lot of haggling, for the parts I couldn't pick-up from German Ebay. It took me about a month or more tracking down all the parts but the bargains are there if you wait  :smiley:

So about £100 more than factory order which I am happy enough with as I would have ordered Xenons anyway if I had got the car new.

Went out last night in the dark and the AFS works well on the country roads as does the auto-levellers, stopped the car on a straight and when I booted it the lights remained level  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 25 April 2011, 15:04 by mike. »

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Good work mate  :wink:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
With the parts I have left from the conversation I was working on for my Tiguan and as part of putting mine back to standard ready for chopping it in a month or so I am going to have a large number of the parts available for this conversion, I would rather these go to a forum member and hopefully we can put together a good how to guide for others  :smiley:

The bits I have are: -

2 x LED Xenon Headlights (UK RHD Spec)
2 x OEM Bulbs D1S Bulbs
2 x Bulb Retaining rings
2 x Hella D1S Ballasts
1 x Kufatec 12-14pin Halogen to Xenon Adapters
1 x AFS (357 C controller)
1 x BCM Controller (latest 87E Z0K version running 575 software)

So to complete for the same install as mike you will need the 2 x AFS Power Modules, Kufatec AFS Loom and the Self level sensor (about £200-£300 max depending on where you pruchase the bits from).

If anyone is interested please let me know  :cool:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
^ Oh thats a bit of a shock.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
With the parts I have left from the conversation I was working on for my Tiguan and as part of putting mine back to standard ready for chopping it in a month or so I am going to have a large number of the parts available for this conversion, I would rather these go to a forum member and hopefully we can put together a good how to guide for others  :smiley:

The bits I have are: -

2 x LED Xenon Headlights (UK RHD Spec)
2 x OEM Bulbs D1S Bulbs
2 x Bulb Retaining rings
2 x Hella D1S Ballasts
1 x Kufatec 12-14pin Halogen to Xenon Adapters
1 x AFS (357 C controller)
1 x BCM Controller (latest 87E Z0K version running 575 software)
So to complete for the same install as mike you will need the 2 x AFS Power Modules, Kufatec AFS Loom and the Self level sensor (about £200-£300 max depending on where you pruchase the bits from).
If anyone is interested please let me know  :cool:

Chopping as in breaking it up or selling it?  :undecided:
Either way, a bit of a shock.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline SteveP

• I live here
^^^ Selling up.

Xenon's now in the classifieds  :smiley:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=187783.0