Author Topic: XENONS - Q & A retrofitting & functionality  (Read 212281 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: XENONS - Questions and answers on retrofitting and functionality.
« Reply #460 on: 10 February 2011, 16:35 »
This is a truly great thread. I just sooo want to do this conversion, just for the hell of it!

How long are you keeping the car for Doc? I could buy the set up complete and ready to go........ :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #461 on: 10 February 2011, 19:22 »
I intend to keep this car for another 18 months but I intend to buy another golf then, if it's diesel I'll need them again but if I get a petrol I'd buy an R which have xenon's as standard so I'd sell these then  :wink:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #462 on: 10 February 2011, 20:33 »
I intend to keep this car for another 18 months but I intend to buy another golf then, if it's diesel I'll need them again but if I get a petrol I'd buy an R which have xenon's as standard so I'd sell these then  :wink:

My car will be up for it's pension before 18 months is up!
Maybe I'll just nick your idea and get hold of some second hand ones (or Askers Tuning Fanatics ones)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #463 on: 10 February 2011, 20:40 »
Maybe I'll just nick your idea and get hold of some second hand ones (or Askers Tuning Fanatics ones)

What about your Phirrips H7s?
You are going through the same Xenon trauma as me. It's called non-Xenonphobia. :grin:
« Last Edit: 13 February 2011, 00:02 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #464 on: 10 February 2011, 20:48 »

If you'd like I can help you fit them if you come over, would be nice to do a "how to" as it's impossible to do on the first set due to all the on the job R&D.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #465 on: 11 February 2011, 05:58 »
Blimey, it's practically be a 2 day trip to get up to you and back!
I'll look into costs etc though and mull it over, I don't mind the trip it's the £££ that's the problem!
Would love to meet the man behind the moderation, we could turn it into a mini meet of mk6ers and other interested parties from the forum. Maybe Guy would turn up to wash our cars for free to prove he loves us after all?  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #466 on: 11 February 2011, 07:53 »
Blimey, it's practically be a 2 day trip to get up to you and back!
I'll look into costs etc though and mull it over, I don't mind the trip it's the £££ that's the problem!
Would love to meet the man behind the moderation, we could turn it into a mini meet of mk6ers and other interested parties from the forum. Maybe Guy would turn up to wash our cars for free to prove he loves us after all?  :laugh:

There were a few sets of R headlamps on flea bay a few weeks back but I dont know if they have sidelights built in as they have the external LED sidelights / DRLs, can somebody with an R please post a pic?

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #467 on: 11 February 2011, 07:56 »
Andy,

AGB has also got 'non-Xenonphobia' and I think Kenny still has not given up. :smiley:
« Last Edit: 13 February 2011, 00:00 by am1w »

Offline SteveP

• I live here
Re: People With Xenons
« Reply #468 on: 11 February 2011, 08:06 »
Am not planning to fit the auto levellers, way too complicated and just more expense(comes as a seperate kit)! So thats why am wondering if I will be able to fit the headlights and thats all? As the halogen headlights have manual levellers switch just next to the dash brightness switch I am wondering if the xenons have this too? Seems not to though  :sad: My plan was to fit the xenons headlights and sit be able to manually adjust the level  :cry:

Kenny,

The full autoleveling stuff can be put together for a lot less than the kufatec kit, I have just finished buying all the parts (all OEM and all brand new apart from the AFS modules) for my Tiguan R-Line and for £690 in total I will have a full set of cornering/auto-leveling Xenon's.  :cool:

The trouble is finding the lights themselves at a good price for the Mk6  :cry:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: People With Xenons
« Reply #469 on: 11 February 2011, 08:17 »
Am not planning to fit the auto levellers, way too complicated and just more expense(comes as a seperate kit)! So thats why am wondering if I will be able to fit the headlights and thats all? As the halogen headlights have manual levellers switch just next to the dash brightness switch I am wondering if the xenons have this too? Seems not to though  :sad: My plan was to fit the xenons headlights and sit be able to manually adjust the level  :cry:
Kenny and Asker,
The full autoleveling stuff can be put together for a lot less than the kufatec kit, I have just finished buying all the parts (all OEM and all brand new apart from the AFS modules) for my Tiguan R-Line and for £690 in total I will have a full set of cornering/auto-leveling Xenon's.  :cool:
The trouble is finding the lights themselves at a good price for the Mk6  :cry:

:grin:
Good to know.