Author Topic: XENONS - Q & A retrofitting & functionality  (Read 212287 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: People With Xenons
« Reply #360 on: 20 January 2011, 21:40 »
Snoops, really? You're having us on? :shocked:
If you do, I'll buy your sloppy seconds. Following in Doc's footsteps. May I have first refusal, please? :smiley:
Now hurry up and make up your mind. :lipsrsealed:
You can have first refusal but i think you will have xenons well before i even get to that stage as i want loads of other things first. For example R LED rear lights, TPMS, rear camera, heated washer jets, all those aero parts....
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #361 on: 20 January 2011, 21:45 »
Snoops, really? You're having us on? :shocked:
If you do, I'll buy your sloppy seconds. Following in Doc's footsteps. May I have first refusal, please? :smiley:
Now hurry up and make up your mind. :lipsrsealed:
You can have first refusal but i think you will have xenons well before i even get to that stage as i want loads of other things first. For example R LED rear lights, TPMS, rear camera, heated washer jets, all those aero parts....

Christ. All due to your dealership being sh!te. :sick: :angry:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #362 on: 20 January 2011, 21:50 »
For example R LED rear lights, TPMS, rear camera, heated washer jets, all those aero parts....
Christ. All due to your dealership being sh!te. :sick: :angry:
If my dealer had understood English, then done what VW throught was "A great idea to cheer yourself up about 4 month production delay". My spec would have included, ACC, TPMS, Winter pack, Lux pack, Cruise control, Parking sensors.
Which is why i want to retro a few bits, like the washer jets, cruise control, TPMS, rear camera. The R-rear-LEDS and Aero parts i would have fitted anyway.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2011, 21:59 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #363 on: 20 January 2011, 22:13 »
I'm looking forward to next year when i haven't got a wedding and honeymoon to pay for and i can start adding some extras! I'm def getting an RNS with the help of Darren hopefully and rear LED's! :drool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #364 on: 20 January 2011, 22:21 »
I'm looking forward to next year when i haven't got a wedding and honeymoon to pay for and i can start adding some extras! I'm def getting an RNS with the help of Darren hopefully and rear LED's! :drool:

Now that's expensive. Very expensive and stressful. Leave it to the bride-to-be, I say. :evil: :grin:

When I got married, I had a huge begging bowl for my parents and in-laws. Otherwise, we would be on the streets. :sad: The divorce was even worse. All in the past now.

Back on topic: Xenons to my limited knowledge are one of the most expensive of the reasonable retro-fits. End up spending £1400-£1500 which is a huge amount of money. For that sum, you can Bluefin and fit many other bits n' pieces which you might find more useful, use more often and which would really make a worthwhile difference to your ownership experience.

So says the voice of reason who spent nearly £1000 on winter tyres and then stored them. :sick:
« Last Edit: 20 January 2011, 22:43 by am1w »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #365 on: 20 January 2011, 22:52 »
I dare'nt leave it to her indoors! i'd have to sell the GTI :grin: Xenons should be standard fit on a GTI without doubt, i really don't do enough miles on un-lit roads to justify spending the amount of money vw demand, having said that the standard halogens are shockingly poor! hence the reason i spent a very reasonable £25 on some Osram nightbreakers, Jobs a good un! :wink:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #366 on: 20 January 2011, 23:14 »
I dare'nt leave it to her indoors! i'd have to sell the GTI :grin: Xenons should be standard fit on a GTI without doubt, i really don't do enough miles on un-lit roads to justify spending the amount of money vw demand, having said that the standard halogens are shockingly poor! hence the reason i spent a very reasonable £25 on some Osram nightbreakers, Jobs a good un! :wink:

I think I'll have to go for these too. The present lights are truly rubbish. Might as well be off all the time. :sick: :angry:

Were they easy to replace? I am rubbish now with things like this due to age and bad arm.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2011, 23:26 by am1w »

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #367 on: 20 January 2011, 23:50 »
Dead easy mate, you'll have no problems. :wink:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #368 on: 21 January 2011, 10:32 »
Dead easy mate, you'll have no problems. :wink:

Thanks.

I feel that Xenons are now crucial due to the sad state of our potholed roads as they will provide much better lighting for one to see their ever increasing numbers. My next car will def be specced with these from the factory.

For the time being, and urgently, I'll order the Osrams to provide me more light. It really has become quite a problem as the standard Halogens are worse than useless IMO.

Did you buy yours on-line?
« Last Edit: 21 January 2011, 10:55 by am1w »

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #369 on: 21 January 2011, 18:11 »
Quote from: SteveP
Controller arrived today, will be a project for Saturday morning.

Steve not sure if you have seen this post..

LED daytime running lights work on the new Golf 6 ab 45 / 2009 or bcm 1K0937087D or higher and a minimum program SW0575

all it takes to run (for those which you have the original xenon lights)

byte 11/bit2 deactivation daytime lights
byte 15/bit3 activation - part of the reduction of intensity at the flashing indicators
byte 15/bit6 activation
byte 15/bit7 activation
18 byte / value 04
byte 24/bit7 activated LED daytime running lights
byte 25 /% intensity daytime running lights
byte 26/bit2 activate
byte 27/bit2 activate

this coding could not do so coding has already been used on a golf 6, for me will come when the new lights to me.

that's it

This is for an american car so not sure if it is valid.
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(