Author Topic: Which speedo  (Read 1148 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Which speedo
« on: 11 January 2012, 20:48 »
I'd never noticed until today, but the speedo dial, the kph display and the cruise control speed indicator are all slightly different.

It set the cruise control at 30mph according to its display, the speedo dial was showing between 31 and 32mph at a guess, and the kph display was 52kph.

Why should they all be different? Surely they're getting their information from the same source?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: Which speedo
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2012, 20:56 »
speedos using over read a bit to try and save your licence or save pedestrians.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2012, 21:23 »
I always go by the digital speedometer.

The cruise control display shows the speed you have the cruise control set at and not the speed of the vehicle. For example you may creep up to 33mph down a hill if your cruise is set at 30, alternatively a steep uphill may decrease your speed to 27mph before the computer reacts to the change in gradient. All the while your cruise control display will read 30mph.

Your analogue clock operates like the digital speed indicator but is just less accurate.

HTH  :smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2012, 08:12 »
I never thought about the speed altering according to gradient, but when I tested it I was on the flat.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2012, 11:29 »
 I used to think mine was out when I first changed it to display the digital display but now ive come to the conclusion that they are all the same. It just takes a second or so for them to settle.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2012, 19:58 »
My digital display and dial both read much of a muchness.  Perhaps 1 or 2 mph difference, but the dial has such a small area for 10mph - how can you possibly tell?!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.