Author Topic: Wheel refurb recommendations...  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Wheel refurb recommendations...
« Reply #10 on: 21 June 2011, 15:57 »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Neu-Original-BBS-Alufelge-8J-x-18H2-ET45-0345074-/390282934190?pt=Auto_Felgen&hash=item5adeacf7ae

Check that one out, it's probably actually ET44 but you'd need to confirm it is 5x112 PCD.
100% feedback so at least you know you're dealing with someone fairly legit.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 22 June 2011, 21:07 »
Nice spot on the BBS wheel. I've emailed the seller asking them to confirm the ET and PCD but so far I've got no response.

Taking my damaged wheel to a place in Chester on Friday, callled F1 Alloy's, as they have been recommended by a friend. Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be able to do a repair...
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline mike.

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 22 June 2011, 21:29 »
Nice spot on the BBS wheel. I've emailed the seller asking them to confirm the ET and PCD but so far I've got no response.

Dave,  it says at the top of the advert  "This seller is currently away until 05 July 2011, and is not processing orders at this time."
Mk6 GTI 3dr | DSG | Tornado Red | 18" Monza 2 | LED Xenons | RNS510 | Bluetooth | Smoked LED tails | Cruise | Reversing Camera | TPMS | - now sold :(

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 22 June 2011, 22:26 »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 23 June 2011, 18:10 »

Dave,  it says at the top of the advert  "This seller is currently away until 05 July 2011, and is not processing orders at this time."

Doh!!! missed that Mike  :embarassed:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 23 June 2011, 18:13 »
Dave,
There are also these places:
http://www.rimfurbish.co.uk/index.html
http://www.lepsons.com/contact-us.phtml

Yes, Lepsons was mentioned earlier and thanks for the link for rimfurbish. Both are a wee bit far from home and want to try and keep the expense down as much as I can. The place I mentioned in Chester is only a 30min drive from me and I can leave the car with them and jump the train back home whilst they sort the wheels out but thanks for the options  :wink:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 23 June 2011, 18:17 »
Another option is Pristine.
They have local dealers who will send the wheel off for you, they will get a loan wheel sent from Pristine that you put on your car until the refurbed one comes back.
I used them to do a set of Monza IIs about 5 years ago and they did a stirling job. They were about the only people that would touch diamond cut at the time!

Not cheap, but worth a shot.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 24 June 2011, 18:33 »
Just got home from a visit to F1 Alloys and was well impressed with them. Had a good long chat with the owner and he showed me around the workshop and seen some samples of his work. Looks top notch to me.

Best news is that after checking my damaged wheel he told me that it is repairable so I don't need to source a new (or 2nd hand) rim.  :smiley:

Car's going in next Thursday am and should be ready to collect before the close of business the next day. Will post some pics after they are done.
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 25 June 2011, 04:50 »
Good news  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner