Author Topic: Which springs on stock shocks? progressive spring rate ideal?  (Read 1955 times)

Offline endy

• GTI forum regular
Made a call to JKM yesterday to get a quote on eibach pro springs and H&R ARB's only to hear that eibach have stopped selling the pro springs :shocked: and offer the sportlines which do the same drop.So I did a little of research and found out that these sportlines are linear springs and not progressive which is making me uncertain.Should I just go with it? or consider something else? In my old mk5 1.4 tsi i had the pro springs and loved them.

My next choice would probably be VWR racing but their site doesn't work for me for some reason as the layout of everything seem to be all squashed to the left? How do I buy from them it doesn't show price? :sad:

Lastly how long does it take to get ARB's installed? Surely It couldn't take more than an hour  :undecided:

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Not 100% sure if these will fit, but they looked the business on his S3.

H & R springs

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29459.0.html
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline mac7

• I live here
I was told Eibach were grouping the Pro-kit springs under the Sportline banner. They're all progressively wound.
Golf R

Offline daz_pd

• Just got here
Id be interested in a set myself, not sure which brand to go with, would prefer not to knacker my shocks!

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
Endy, which springs did you end up going for??

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline endy

• GTI forum regular
went for the Eibach springs, got them installed today :) and i can confirm that they ARE progressively wound.The springs must be different to the ones in the EU

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
went for the Eibach springs, got them installed today :) and i can confirm that they ARE progressively wound.The springs must be different to the ones in the EU

How do you rate them so far? and by how much did they drop the car?

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline endy

• GTI forum regular
i was expecting 2 finger gap all-around...but i have to say its actually perfect.
finger gap at the front and 2 finger gap around the back  :smiley: cant really comment on the handling yet as the screws in my boost tap blew off :cry: so i've been babying it.From what i can tell, the ride is a little harder and less body role in roundabouts

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
Same ones i have got on my golf and really cant fault them eithers. Doubt you will find much difference between all the big brands.

APR Stage 2+

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
i was expecting 2 finger gap all-around...but i have to say its actually perfect.
finger gap at the front and 2 finger gap around the back  :smiley: cant really comment on the handling yet as the screws in my boost tap blew off :cry: so i've been babying it.From what i can tell, the ride is a little harder and less body role in roundabouts

So its 1-2 fingers up your endy  :grin:

Get some pics up if you get a chance please of your new set up. Ta Martin

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto