Poll

Which looks better..... Golf R  (standard) or Golf GTI  (standard)

Golf R
27 (37%)
Golf GTI
46 (63%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Which looks better..... Golf R or Golf GTI.  (Read 9032 times)

Offline devito

• GTI forum regular
Re: Which looks better..... Golf R or Golf GTI.
« Reply #40 on: 21 January 2010, 00:47 »
after market leather can be much better than factory fit for much the same price, ask any pro footballer.

Offline ErikGTI

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 21 January 2010, 17:20 »
I am definitely gonna contact the dealer to get him to order better leather.....it would be a nightmare to find my leather to go bad after 2 years or so...thanks guys  :wink:

erm.... they have different standards of leather you can spec?  somehow i find that v hard to believe!

You are not accusing me are you.... :huh:  :wink:

I had a little booklet in front of me at the dealer to choose from.(say 10 types/colour of leather) ..mind you the Vienna was in it as well so I took that one...more being afraid of overlooking mismatching colour combinations when finished in the interior... :wink:
I even could spec the stitches...red, black or silver...again I choose black to stay safe...
« Last Edit: 21 January 2010, 17:35 by Erik van Voorst »
I'LL BEAT YOU TO THE BBC STUDIO........

Offline Booski

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 21 January 2010, 17:41 »

I had a little booklet in front of me at the dealer to choose from.(say 10 types/colour of leather) ..mind you the Vienna was in it as well so I took that one...more being afraid of overlooking mismatching colour combinations when finished in the interior... :wink:
I even could spec the stitches...red, black or silver...again I choose black to stay safe...

what are the range of prices for bespoke leather?
Golf R (on order): 5dr, rising blue, 19", sat-nav, ACC, parking sensors, Bluetooth tel prep, cruise control, Lux pack, storage pack, rear airbag/seatbelt sensors..........BW07 confirmed Can't wait!

Offline ErikGTI

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 21 January 2010, 18:05 »
Obviously for now I know only the aftermarket Vienna...I pay 1475 euro for that leather that is for 100% (= no leather look anymore) and another I think 500 euro for heated seats (winterpackage) but I do loose the "standard" electrical side adjustment on the chairs.....

I probably know some other prices next week when the dealer contacts me...

BTW The aftermarket upholstery will be done via the VW Importer PON....and I have seen amazing results so far on Audi.... :cool:
I'LL BEAT YOU TO THE BBC STUDIO........

Offline mr magoo

• Here all the time
« Reply #44 on: 21 January 2010, 22:00 »
I think the MkVI (and MkV) GTis look f-a-b tbh.

It'd be better if the R had something to distinguish it like the red 'lipstick' the GTi has.

Perhaps blue lipstick?  :kiss:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #45 on: 21 January 2010, 22:45 »
I think the MkVI (and MkV) GTis look f-a-b tbh.

It'd be better if the R had something to distinguish it like the red 'lipstick' the GTi has.

Perhaps blue lipstick?  :kiss:
Odd but i was thinking the same, since they used crome on the GTD.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #46 on: 22 January 2010, 07:04 »
what are the range of prices for bespoke leather?

There are a few guys on the Scirocco forum have had their cloth seats re-covered with leather for a little over £1000.  They can then choose colour and stitching colour, and say the quality is much better than the original VW.  The only problem is that its not authentic - but who really cares?!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Hawk29

• Not said much yet
« Reply #47 on: 22 January 2010, 07:18 »
I think that the leather interior is an absolute rip-off at £1800, I don't think that it feels or looks special at all and I certainly wouldn't factory order it.

One other thing that I have noticed in the three weeks of ownership is that the heated seats seem to take ages to warm up, I think it's partly due to the cold side bolsters against your legs, I have never noticed this on any other heated seats I've had in the past.

« Last Edit: 22 January 2010, 07:24 by Hawk29 »
GTI - 5dr - DSG - Carbon Grey - Leather - 18" Monzas - RCD 510 - Previous: Mk 4 GTi , Mk 5 GTi.